Browser question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jlgrimes

18 Jun 2018

Got a question about the browser.

In general the browser seems pretty smart for Reason native devices as it tends to remember your last used folder for patches, but this doesn't seem to work for REs. It tends to always go right to the desktop. Any way to get RE folders default patch folder to open by default.

With all of the REs in one folder, it can be hard to find the right folder.

How do you all approach this issue.

MannequinRaces

18 Jun 2018

They do open by default.... sometimes you need to hit the up arrow at the top of the browser to go to the main folder for the specific RE. If you go too far out normally the forward or back buttons can get you back to where you want to go quickly. Use the Res Browse Patch button whenever possible. Hope that helps!

jlgrimes

18 Jun 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
18 Jun 2018
They do open by default.... sometimes you need to hit the up arrow at the top of the browser to go to the main folder for the specific RE. If you go too far out normally the forward or back buttons can get you back to where you want to go quickly. Use the Res Browse Patch button whenever possible. Hope that helps!
I'm using the browse button on the device. Pressing Up one folder doesn't seem to help. I'll try the back arrow.

I'm on a Mac btw but I can try on Windows 10 to see if that makes a difference.

jlgrimes

18 Jun 2018

jlgrimes wrote:
18 Jun 2018
MannequinRaces wrote:
18 Jun 2018
I'm using the browse button on the device. Pressing Up one folder doesn't seem to help. I'll try the back arrow.

I think this works for some REs but not all.

I tried Parsec which worked. However when I tried Aquios, it goes right to my desktop by default.

jlgrimes

18 Jun 2018

jlgrimes wrote:
18 Jun 2018
jlgrimes wrote:
18 Jun 2018

I think this works for some REs but not all.

I tried Parsec which worked. However when I tried Aquios, it goes right to my desktop by default.
Now it is not working for anything.

I think it is a bug.

jlgrimes

18 Jun 2018

Update.

I tried this on my Windows 10 laptop.

From what I can tell it works flawless. I guess this is a Mac issue.

MannequinRaces

18 Jun 2018

I’m on Mac and it works as expceted. Maybe it’s an operating system bug.

jlgrimes

18 Jun 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
18 Jun 2018
I’m on Mac and it works as expceted. Maybe it’s an operating system bug.
I'm on High Sierra the most up to date version..

antic604

19 Jun 2018

Yeah, I noticed it as well (latest Windows 10) that since 10.1 it often opens a random folders, even for native devices. It's annoying when you click the patch and suddenly end up with a completely different device in your Rack... Before I could trust it blindly, now I always double check if I'm in the right spot.

jlgrimes

20 Jun 2018

Update.

From looking at Reason preferences it looks like "load default patch" must be selected for Reason to remember the default browsing location.

I have that option turned off on my Mac but turned on on Windows. I bet that is the problem.

I wish the Props gave us more control over this, like the which default patch loads up. The default browsing location.

I think Ableton's default patches are usually in the respective folder because I rarely have to mouse around the browser there as much as Reason, so I guess there is some room for improvements here.

okaino

24 Jun 2018

I agree. We should be able to select default patches and define where the folders are in a similar way as we use templates.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

• Information