Drum Sequencer "send to track"

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SubtleD

14 Jun 2018

First post here, hopefully with an easy to answer question!

I'm pretty new to Reason so I'm sure this is down to my lack of knowledge, but I'm having problems with the Drum Sequencer "send to track" functionality. As I understand it, this should copy the current pattern to the sequencer between the currently set L and R loop markers. It works fine the first time I use it, but then when I move the markers along and select a different pattern (or even the same one), clicking the button does nothing.

By contrast, the "copy loop to track" button in Dr. Octo Rex works exactly how I'd expect - each time I click it I get a new loop added to the sequencer between the markers.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Andy

buddard
RE Developer

14 Jun 2018

Each time you send to track, “Bypass all” is activated automatically to prevent double notes. So if you want to bounce again you just have to disable the “Bypass all” button first.

SubtleD

14 Jun 2018

Thanks for the reply - tried that, doesn't seem to work unfortunately.

buddard
RE Developer

14 Jun 2018

SubtleD wrote:
14 Jun 2018
I just tried it again here, it seems to be working fine? The only time it doesn't write something is when "Bypass all" is still active...
Are you automating the pattern selection by any chance? If you just hit play within the new marker range, do you hear the pattern playing as it should?

selig
RE Developer

14 Jun 2018

SubtleD wrote:
14 Jun 2018
Works here, but it creates a new note lane on that track each time you repeat the "send to track" command.
Selig Audio, LLC

SubtleD

14 Jun 2018

Seems I'd somehow clicked the on button in the top left, turning it off :oops: Once it was turned back on it worked (within a new note lane as selig says).

Thanks for the help everyone, told you it was me being stupid!

ljekio

14 Jun 2018

just click here
2018-06-15 00-48-28 Document 1 .jpg
2018-06-15 00-48-28 Document 1 .jpg (4.86 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
on instrument what received player's data.
if track didn't presented it will created.

kuhliloach

14 Jun 2018

I hear ya.... Both aspects of the functionality are frustrating for me. The automatic Bypass All and the new notes lanes, while I'm sure they have their purpose, both get in my way. Glad you got it worked out.

• Information