Factory soundbanks download on every open

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
thoams

09 Jun 2018

I've just had this happen since the last big update where each time I open reason it says 'copying factory sound bank' and its almost 3gb worth. It takes about 10 minutes to finish which is super annoying. Any help would be v appreciated :)

EnochLight

09 Jun 2018

thoams wrote:
09 Jun 2018
I've just had this happen since the last big update where each time I open reason it says 'copying factory sound bank' and its almost 3gb worth. It takes about 10 minutes to finish which is super annoying. Any help would be v appreciated :)
You've definitely got an install issue somewhere. It should only download once when you first install it. Have you reached out to Propellerhead tech support? I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling first, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Blanka

10 Jun 2018

thoams wrote:
09 Jun 2018
I upgraded from a boxed copy and got the same thing - then I realised I still had the upgrade DVD in my optical drive. Once I removed it, it stopped trying to download the factory soundbank each time and all was good. Maybe that helps?

antic604

11 Jun 2018

That's literally one of the 1st articles on Reason's support page:
https://help.propellerheads.se/hc/en-us ... om-the-DVD

thoams

17 Jun 2018

Blanka wrote:
10 Jun 2018
I upgraded from a boxed copy and got the same thing - then I realised I still had the upgrade DVD in my optical drive. Once I removed it, it stopped trying to download the factory soundbank each time and all was good. Maybe that helps?
Thanks so much, I'd forgotten I'd left the DVD in the drive :roll:

EnochLight

17 Jun 2018

thoams wrote:
17 Jun 2018
Blanka wrote:
10 Jun 2018
Thanks so much, I'd forgotten I'd left the DVD in the drive :roll:
Correcting user error is often the easiest/best fix! ;) Glad to see you got things sorted.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information