I had a freaking dream....

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Re8et
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2018

I was looking at some rack extension for reason, and I saw a new company, with some twenty brand new modules.

Amongst its devices there were strange things, some strange physical devices like a tuning key pendant??!??

And a mixer, a copy of the 16 channel old mixer, but with built in fxs, and an optic module prolonging from it.
The coll thing is that this and other modules looked like a version 2.0 of some of our most loved default modules, with shiny colors
and a set of weird features, but let focus to the most weird aspect of this dream..

An optic module????? Yeah, the insert fx section was a true analogic optical mount and it had a little lens attached to it.
Was it for receiving ambient light and colors and affecting the sound? Was it acting like a tube also? I don't know.

If this wasn't weird enough now its going to get weirder....

The bell ranged and when I opened the door a man had a little box with him. I opened the box and a tiny physical mixer with this optical module
was in it in all its splendour. Something this tiny.
microrack-modular-e1427896021892-640x468.jpg
microrack-modular-e1427896021892-640x468.jpg (53.26 KiB) Viewed 922 times
What do you think?? Could this be a marketing thing or those are too tiny to actually work???

Would it make sense a mixer with built in fx in the reason rack world??

O1B

06 Jun 2018

your Dream's not far from Reality

with the WMD DB25 and either a 1/4in TS Snake or USB, you're miltitracking in Reason.

Optics...? Tube?
I choose Vactrol.

.... and, I'd prefer to Bring My Own Effects.

Re8et
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2018

Vactrol... that's something!

Mine was more like an insert fx with the shape of a big jack, without return ( do not ask me) might have used a tripolar connection tip.

Thanks for the info!

rcbuse
RE Developer

06 Jun 2018

Good stuff. I often fall asleep while I'm working on REs, sometimes when a pattern is looping over and over and over. I have strange ass dreams with code and devices and sound intertwined.

antic604

07 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
06 Jun 2018
Good stuff. I often fall asleep while I'm working on REs, sometimes when a pattern is looping over and over and over. I have strange ass dreams with code and devices and sound intertwined.
Ha! That's how PSQ was born surely?! I can't wrap my head around it. No conscious person would ;) :D <3

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

07 Jun 2018

O1B wrote:
06 Jun 2018

with the WMD DB25 and either a 1/4in TS Snake or USB, you're miltitracking in Reason.
This is what I'm planning to do. I've got the WMD mixer and looking to grab the expander.

O1B

07 Jun 2018

Before the WMD Performance Mixer, I Thought i knew what 'Hitting the Boards' meant.

The Metering SYSTEM - even lil red lights that flash in the Clear knob of the fader.
The GAIN. Clean and Strong.
VCAmp and VCPan.
Mono/Stereo AuX Sends.
*** Each Channel has a clickable 'dual MONO or Stereo mode', so you can have 2 separate drum/etc tracks on one Fader - playing either/or/ or both.

FYI, Baddest lil STEREO filter: WMD Overseer (8HP w/bypass)... for the Master..
and, TILT (for Normen)
and a MASTER STEREO COMP MSCL. (4 HP)

MattiasHG wrote:
07 Jun 2018
O1B wrote:
06 Jun 2018

with the WMD DB25 and either a 1/4in TS ... 50&hei=450
This is what I'm planning to do. I've got the WMD mixer and looking to grab the expander.

• Information