Just the Laptop and Headphones?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Matt van K

30 May 2018

Hello,

Did someone of you work seriously with just the Laptop and Headphones?
I try from time to time figure out how much these can be done without pain.

What helps to me :

1. I made some changes on the touchpad. So i made commands for the corners which open the 4 Windows of Reason.
Very sensitive touchpad and very fast movement. It need a little bit time but at the end it feel more and more like working with the mouse.
2 Finger Control scrolls the screen.

2. The new players? Pain is Midi editing. Maybe it needs a little bit more time but i think that Players help with the larger GUI.

3. Internal Soundcard? I use Conexant Smart audio. The Demo Songs sounds good to me.

Suggestions?

candybag

30 May 2018

I know you said just laptop, but that includes a laptop case/bag right? I always fit in a small Microsoft BT mouse and an AKAI MPK Mini mk2.

The small BT mouse is crucial imo, doesn't take up much extra space.
Yamaha HS7 - HD600 - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Akai MPK261 - AT2050 - Auralex Project 2™ Roominator Kit
9900K - 16 GB - 3xXB270HU - GTX 1080 ti

antic604

30 May 2018

Matt van K wrote:
30 May 2018
Did someone of you work seriously with just the Laptop and Headphones?
Dafine "work seriously". Because if you're one of the guys making rent with Reason, ie. releasing, performing or mixing/mastering music, then probably not. But if it's a hobby thing (about which you're quite serious), then sure it's possible. I "work" on a Surface Pro 4 i7, usually without mouse because the trackpad there is awesomely smooth & sensitive to both click, swipes & gestures. I also only use the internal audio, listening through good headphones (DT990 Pro).

This is how Reason looks on my 12'' screen :)

• Information