Anyone using Apple Magic Mouse with Reason? It's driving me crazy

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mark999

28 May 2018

I bought an "Apple Magic Mouse 2" recently. It's a nice mouse but it seems to be too sensitive when being used with Reason.
When I'm in the sequencer, I'm constantly (and unintentionally) scrolling left and right when I don't want to. When drawing midi notes into clips, I'm always (unintentionally) scrolling slightly left or right when i don't want to.
It seems that any slight touch on the top of the mouse makes the whole sequencer/window/etc move much more than it should. I've adjusted the scrolling speed in the mouse settings, but the problem is not the scrolling speed, it's the overall sensitivity of the top of the mouse. Even when my fingers are just resting on top of the mouse, things start moving on screen. Super frustrating.

Is anyone using their Apple Magic Mouse with Reason without any of my issues?

niclas

28 May 2018

I have v1 and have the same problem, it's super-annoying. For example when I click and hold to move a note in the sequencer or change a parameter in the rack it often scrolls at the same time, making it damn near impossible to do a simple thing like placing the midi note at the correct place. I've never noticed this behaviour outside reason.

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 May 2018

Yeah it's not a Reason problem, I find it incredibly annoying in Logic too. So much so that I now bring my own mouse to a friend's place when we work together on her iMac. I think you can disable the left/right scrolling but that's not ideal either. In general I hate not having a physical scroll wheel.

ckoehler

29 May 2018

I had a Magic Mouse in my macbook area and sold it as fast as I could do.
:reason: Reason 10 @ Windows 10

selig
RE Developer

29 May 2018

While I absolutely love the magic trackpads, I never “bonded” with the Magic Mouse. One problem for me was I always grabbed it too hard, triggering secondary functions TOO easily.

One of the biggest complaints seems to be that unlike the trackpads, you cannot charge the mouse while using it due to the location of the charging port.

Are you a trackpad person? You may prefer it if you relate to pads…

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

C//AZM

29 May 2018

Ditto on the trackpad. I use one all the time and the gestures help with Reason, especially since I usually have a separate screen for Mixer, sequencer and rack.

raccoonboy

29 May 2018

Trackpad for the win. Every other 'trackpad' I've used for PC Laptops are dogshit, the Mac one is pretty much better than a mouse. I do have a magic mouse but haven't used it much for reason

Arsenal

29 Nov 2019

Its Called MagicPrefs.
Only thing is, you have to use two fingers to scroll in other windows now.
At least it dosen't twitch out in Reason now
1.jpg
1.jpg (479.41 KiB) Viewed 852 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (507.28 KiB) Viewed 852 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (485.76 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Cmp 12 core 2 x 3.46 - 48g ram - RX580 8g - 1Tb Nvme m.2
49" Sceptre 4k60hz (x2)
HighSierra 10.13.6
:reason: 10

• Information