Undeniable hits produced in Reason(>5 million views on YouTube)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
GRIFTY

28 Jul 2018

i know flying lotus has mentioned that reason is one of his favorite programs. i think most of 1983 was done in reason. he moved to using mainly ableton for los angeles but i think he rewires reason in. on 1983 you can hear a ton of maelstrom and subtractor, as well as the unmistakable tones of scream 4 on the tape setting

deepndark

28 Jul 2018

Reason should have at least 50 users who have at least 35 million views over Youtube. As of not depending what DAW they use. + ten 100 million viewed songs too.
Because clearly Reason rocks for it's architecture that much and if the quality part is good too ... Oh well.

antic604

31 Jul 2018

deepndark wrote:
28 Jul 2018
Reason should have at least 50 users who have at least 35 million views over Youtube. As of not depending what DAW they use. + ten 100 million viewed songs too.
Because clearly Reason rocks for it's architecture that much and if the quality part is good too ... Oh well.
I've no idea whether this post is a statement, question or a rant... :?

deepndark

31 Jul 2018

antic604 wrote:
31 Jul 2018
deepndark wrote:
28 Jul 2018
I've no idea whether this post is a statement, question or a rant... :?
Nothing to see here, I think Reason should defo have more million viewed youtube videos than it has.
The software itself sure has it all to make that possible. :thumbs_up:

selig
RE Developer

31 Jul 2018

Parameter wrote:
25 May 2018
So 5 millions on YouTube is not that much.

I wish the the users of Reason for decades have joined this discussion. Selig, Normen where are you?
I’m here - what’s the question?
Are you asking me to join in the research to find songs with more than 5mil view in YouTube that were produced in Reason? Not sure why I’d be any better/worse at that than anyone else - can’t speak for Normen, but assume the same for him.

If you want discussion; I’m not someone who cares about what other folks think about the tools I choose for my work, or what popular or artistic success they may have. I listen to popular music and enjoy it as well as just about every other format, but don’t equate popular success with artist success - both are valid IMO. Popular success has as much to do with other external factors well beyond the music itself as it does with the song that becomes popular in my experience. How and where (and by whom) it is produced has little impact on it’s popularity in many if not most cases, as far as I have noticed.

Happy to discuss this further if I’ve missed the point or otherwise am straying from the intended topic of discussion.
Selig Audio, LLC

itsbouffant

16 Sep 2019

So, I'm new here.
I started reading this thread, saw some new stuff, enjoyed it.

And then..........

I had to add THIS "
"
Created (or so YouTube says) in 2011 by Dave from BoyInABand
I had played about with music creation stuff as a hobby but
this is what made me want to learn Reason REALLY bad.

I Dont know what happened to Dave, but theres his Video, in all its glory

I Know its not in the "Famous Hits" but he got 449,324 views
I Still think it must have taken ages to get THAT good - It Just makes me smile

Thanks

miscend

17 Oct 2021

Reason user Stromae is back, looks like another hit, 3.7 million views in 2 days!

EnochLight

17 Oct 2021

miscend wrote:
17 Oct 2021
Reason user Stromae is back, looks like another hit, 3.7 million views in 2 days!

Not my cup of tea (at all) :lol: , but it's nice to see him have another success. Wonder if he used Reason at all for this track? It's been over 12 years since "Alors on danse" (that track I did actually like).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 May 2022

EnochLight wrote:
17 Oct 2021
miscend wrote:
17 Oct 2021

Not my cup of tea (at all) :lol: , but it's nice to see him have another success. Wonder if he used Reason at all for this track? It's been over 12 years since "Alors on danse" (that track I did actually like).

He did, and still does :)

Steedus
Competition Winner

03 May 2022

jamespember wrote:
02 May 2022
EnochLight wrote:
17 Oct 2021

I don’t know if he’d do that kind of thing but I would love to see him on one of Ryan’s livestreams!

jamespember
Reason Studios

03 May 2022

Steedus wrote:
03 May 2022
jamespember wrote:
02 May 2022

I don’t know if he’d do that kind of thing but I would love to see him on one of Ryan’s livestreams!
Yeah, he'd be a fantastic guest. Let me see what we can do!

Kilsane

03 May 2022

jamespember wrote:
03 May 2022
Steedus wrote:
03 May 2022

Yeah, he'd be a fantastic guest. Let me see what we can do!
that would be really great

• Information