Oxygen 61 MK IV knobs/faders/transport not recognised

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

22 May 2018

Hey everyone! Not sure if this belongs in hardware or not so feel free to move. Just got a MK IV to replace my old 3rd gen that died over the weekend and none of the extended controls (knobs, faders or transport) are working. In addition when I plugged it in, it didn't attempt to install any drivers. Looks like it's just using the old 3rd gen drivers. Any ideas?

jimmyklane

22 May 2018

Have you attempted to uninstall the old drivers and checked to see if it shows up as the proper device in Device Manager?

I would start by completely uninstalling and downloading the drivers from the M-Audio website, install those, delete the keyboard from Reason’s list and try and “find” it again.

See if that helps.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

chimp_spanner

22 May 2018

Thanks for the reply man. The solution, as it turns out, was to just engage "Auto" mode and I guess it just detects what it's connected to. Overall the keyboard is okay. But just okay. The MK3 felt more solid. This feels a bit cheap and plasticy. The controls are higher res though so that's good. The pitch wheel doesn't register immediately when going downwards. And the pads are...well....you can't remap them. They're locked to GM mapping. So dumb. I'd give it about 6/10, where the old version was more like a 7.5, at least for quality if not features. But, funds are low. When I can afford it I'd love a Nektar P6!

djadalaide

24 May 2018

I had the 25 key edition and gave it away, it was too temperamental and always seemed to lose the device when i needed it most.

marcuswitt

24 May 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
22 May 2018
…When I can afford it I'd love a Nektar P6!…
My reply might be a little bit off topic, but it’s sad to read you writing sentences like: “…When I can afford it I’d love a Nektar P6!…”. With ZETA you should have earned allot of money due to its musical and sonic quality so that you’d be wealthy enough to afford a dozen of keyboard controllers with an ease. But we’ll, you’re not a 17 yrs. old girly super Popstar who got her “rack” extended. But despite all that your music is fantastic so that even my daughter (10) goes like: “Hey daddy, that’s ZETA! I love that song!” whenever I play “The distance” for instance. Keep on doing what you’re doing man, and your next keyboard controller will be made of gold. ✌️

• Information