Can I control volume on several channels at once?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dreamtuned

22 May 2018

Hi, can I select multiple tracks in Reason and control the volume on all of them, like linking them? Is there some shortcut? I've tried shift + different options but to no avail.

Rason

22 May 2018

Hi sure, create bus channel for those you want to merge.

sent using Tapatalk

jimmyklane

22 May 2018

dreamtuned wrote:
22 May 2018
Hi, can I select multiple tracks in Reason and control the volume on all of them, like linking them? Is there some shortcut? I've tried shift + different options but to no avail.
Only option is to select them all in the mixer (make sure they’re all in a row, click the first to select, Shift-click the last in the group and you’ll see all outlined in blue) once selected you can right-click and select “New Output Bus” and from there you’ll be able to control those channels (with relative levels intact) from one single fader.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

dreamtuned

22 May 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
dreamtuned wrote:
22 May 2018
Only option is to select them all in the mixer (make sure they’re all in a row, click the first to select, Shift-click the last in the group and you’ll see all outlined in blue) once selected you can right-click and select “New Output Bus” and from there you’ll be able to control those channels (with relative levels intact) from one single fader.

Hi thanks,

But is this lowering the level of the summing and not the individual channels? If so, there is no other way to manipulate the level of multiple channels at once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreamtuned

22 May 2018

joeyluck wrote:Via mouse, no you can't move multiple faders at once. However, you can do so via a controller
Oh that’s interesting. Which is a good controller for Reason?

selig
RE Developer

22 May 2018

dreamtuned wrote:
22 May 2018
jimmyklane wrote:

Hi thanks,

But is this lowering the level of the summing and not the individual channels? If so, there is no other way to manipulate the level of multiple channels at once?

Bussing a group of channels produces exactly the same end result in Reason, working more like a VCA group than a motorized fader group.

Problem is, you don't always want to bus the channels you want to adjust, so while it works much of the time it doesn't work all of the time.
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information