Kurzweil PC3x MIDI controller setup help

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Dilly123

21 May 2018

Hey guys,

Brand new to reason, or any other DAW for that matter. I'm really more of a player / analog guy. I'm Having some trouble setting up my Kurzweil PC3x as a midi controller. I went through the process of edit/preferences/control surfaces/etc, but was unable to get reason to respond to any input on the keyboard. I should also note that I am using and Iconnectivity MIO, and that I was able to get my keylab 49 working using the same setup process with no issues. What am I missing? I'm thinking maybe there is some menu diving involved to get the kurz to send? Any help would be great, and sorry for the complete newb question :roll:

QVprod

21 May 2018

I don't own a Kurzweil but it's not uncommon that with workstation keyboards you have go into the settings to turn midi on.

bik44

22 May 2018

Hi, connect pc3 via USB and make sure master setup transmit midi via USB (default is local+midi+usb). It should work. Eventually try soft reset to make sure all settings are default (without deleting your programs). I’m on Forte now so I’m sorry don’t remember exactly menus names. But I know your pc3x is one of the best midi controller on the planet and it’s worth to dive in ;)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Dilly123

22 May 2018

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. So it worked fine when connected via usb rather that the midi to usb cable that I was using. I'm almost a little dissapointed that it was so easy :lol:

QVprod

22 May 2018

Dilly123 wrote:
22 May 2018
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. So it worked fine when connected via usb rather that the midi to usb cable that I was using. I'm almost a little dissapointed that it was so easy :lol:
Glad it worked. A lot of keyboards are only allow you to send midi out via either the usb or the midi jack and not both. If for any reason you needed to use the actual midi out jack you would then change that setting accordingly. Otherwise, of course USB is just the easier option.

• Information