issues after Windows 10 update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
guitfnky

18 May 2018

FYI for anyone on a Windows PC, the most recent Windows update seems to cause your PC to be viewed as a different computer than before the update. I had to log into a few different services and then started getting security emails that those logins were on a new/unrecognized device. I had to deauthorize and reauthorize my computer in the XLN Audio Installer to get my XLN plugins to work.

just wanted to let people know to expect some weirdness after the update. luckily, it didn't seem to cause any issues with the PH Authorizer.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

18 May 2018

Do you have an SSD? The latesyt win update has some problems again with SSDs.
Reason12, Win10

4filegate

19 May 2018

You can now select the audio source per app. This feature is incredibly useful for streamers and YouTubers that use more than one audio source in their videos.

Also useful for players for games that don't have audio source selection, and you want to send game audio to your speakers and not to their headset so they can keep voip clear and audible in headphones.

2 weeks ago Windows10 Home Update Spring Creators Update Version 1803 everything works fine and smooth... since yesterday the built-in display, screen is pixelated and pink like the Paris Hilton favorite color. RGB works on the display port on external 4k monitor.

No problem, if there is still a warranty on the device.

antic604

19 May 2018

Not such problems here with Surface Pro 4 - the computer is still recognised just fine, no issues with SSD.

RobC

19 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
19 May 2018
Not such problems here with Surface Pro 4 - the computer is still recognised just fine, no issues with SSD.
How is that Surface Pro 4? I really want a Full Windows system that is as portable as possible (and likes USB interfaces). Phones are just Win mobile, watches are a joke, glasses aren't there (here) yet, Eye phones don't exist.

So, something that is worth the money for the poor, hehe. Even if Windows bit off from that more expensive fruit.

Ostermilk

19 May 2018

The April update seems to have improved matters for me.

There were previously some VST's and applications I had to re-authorize and some symbolic links I had to occasionally redifine on performing an in place re-install of Windows, since the update those issues have all gone for me.

Other than that it's been business as usual so far, since the update. As always with Windows MMV.

antic604

19 May 2018

RobC wrote:
19 May 2018
antic604 wrote:
19 May 2018
How is that Surface Pro 4? I really want a Full Windows system that is as portable as possible (and likes USB interfaces). Phones are just Win mobile, watches are a joke, glasses aren't there (here) yet, Eye phones don't exist.

So, something that is worth the money for the poor, hehe. Even if Windows bit off from that more expensive fruit.
You mean as a general-purpose computer? or for music production? For my needs, it works really well as a laptop and a tablet and for watching video, browsing net, e-mail etc. the batter is fine. For music it's a bit underwopered, because even the highest model is low-power dual core i7. I mean it's fine for Reason-only projects, but throw in some VSTs and it'll start to buckle (unless you're using other DAWs - both Live and Bitwig work great, also with VSTs). Also, with regards to Reason the high-res low-size screen is a problem: it's either blurry (because of scaling) or everything's quite big with default 200% scaling.

Having said that, I'm happy with it - it works great as a PC and replacement for my Android tablet and also works great for music, as long as you're being realistic about what you expect from it.

RobC

19 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
19 May 2018
RobC wrote:
19 May 2018

You mean as a general-purpose computer? or for music production? For my needs, it works really well as a laptop and a tablet and for watching video, browsing net, e-mail etc. the batter is fine. For music it's a bit underwopered, because even the highest model is low-power dual core i7. I mean it's fine for Reason-only projects, but throw in some VSTs and it'll start to buckle (unless you're using other DAWs - both Live and Bitwig work great, also with VSTs). Also, with regards to Reason the high-res low-size screen is a problem: it's either blurry (because of scaling) or everything's quite big with default 200% scaling.

Having said that, I'm happy with it - it works great as a PC and replacement for my Android tablet and also works great for music, as long as you're being realistic about what you expect from it.
Maybe a bit both, but rather music with Reason, less VST. The mobility would be worth it, cause I work efficiently with Reason, so I'm not using that much processing power. Hmm, the screen could be a problem, though.

Thank you for the information!

antic604

19 May 2018

RobC wrote:
19 May 2018
antic604 wrote:
19 May 2018

Maybe a bit both, but rather music with Reason, less VST. The mobility would be worth it, cause I work efficiently with Reason, so I'm not using that much processing power. Hmm, the screen could be a problem, though.

It's not screen's problem. It's Reason's. Because it was created for 768p screens (and never updated).

RobC

19 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
19 May 2018
RobC wrote:
19 May 2018

It's not screen's problem. It's Reason's. Because it was created for 768p screens (and never updated).
I understand that, I just meant that I would want to be able to see it comfortably.

pushedbutton

19 May 2018

The latest windows update has some advanced display scaling options.
can't say I've tried them but they might help.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

antic604

20 May 2018

pushedbutton wrote:
19 May 2018
No they don't, at least I can't see it :(

4filegate

20 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
20 May 2018
pushedbutton wrote:
19 May 2018
Windows 10's scaling options. Go to Settings > System > Display and you'll find an option for Scale and layout.

antic604

20 May 2018

4filegate wrote:
20 May 2018
antic604 wrote:
20 May 2018

Windows 10's scaling options. Go to Settings > System > Display and you'll find an option for Scale and layout.
Oh I did find it, but it does nothing - it's still blurry at anything other than 100% (which is way too small) and 200% (which is a bit too big)

4filegate

20 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
20 May 2018
Oh I did find it, but it does nothing - it's still blurry at anything other than 100% (which is way too small) and 200% (which is a bit too big)
Advanced Scaling Settings in Windows 10

tiker01

20 May 2018

The last Win10 update simply blue screen deaths my laptop.
I had to restore its pervious version but some programs cannot start at startup.

Damn Microsoft!!!

The best thing was after I restored it and had three errors on the screen a pop up appeared saying that they are making windows always better.

Not to me apparently! :D

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

antic604

20 May 2018

4filegate wrote:
20 May 2018
antic604 wrote:
20 May 2018
Advanced Scaling Settings in Windows 10
I found this an hour after I installed new WIndows update like a week or so ago. All I'm saying is turning this on or off doesn't change anything with Reason - it's still pixelated at 200% and blurry at 175% or 150%.

Did it helped you, that you're so adamant on me trying it? Or are you simply not understanding what I'm saying?

4filegate

20 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
20 May 2018
Did it helped you, that you're so adamant on me trying it? Or are you simply not understanding what I'm saying?
I never understood why we needed a high-end tablet. The external DP display port is 3840x2160 at 60Hz scaled to 125% in Reason. I don't want to scale any further up either.

antic604

21 May 2018

4filegate wrote:
20 May 2018
antic604 wrote:
20 May 2018
I never understood why we needed a high-end tablet. The external DP display port is 3840x2160 at 60Hz scaled to 125% in Reason. I don't want to scale any further up either.
So why are you even replying if you don't "understand the need" and "down't want to"?
How is your experience helpful to me, who understands the need and wants to??

4filegate

21 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
21 May 2018
So why are you even replying if you don't "understand the need" and "down't want to"?
How is your experience helpful to me, who understands the need and wants to??
"Ask louder the second time." But this really has helped!

• Information