May Madness is on!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
cognitive

18 May 2018

Gah! Here comes a spike in my credit card bill this month.

hurricane
Competition Winner

18 May 2018

Not to rain on your may madness parade, but anyone else not impressed with the REs on sale? I almost bought Luna, but then decided I'd be much better off with Uhe's Repro so I bought that instead for $125. And Repro is GLORIOUS. I just don't see and hear this level of quality in any RE. Ah well...
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

jayhosking

19 May 2018

guitfnky wrote:
18 May 2018
glad I kept peeking and found GForce Re-Tron was on sale. been wanting that for a while now. great deal at $20.
Hey, great catch! I was done with browsing the sale and didn't see the GForce stuff. I've been meaning to give ReStrings a demo. Thanks for this!

HeavyViper

19 May 2018

Mmph, was hoping for more dramatic savings on Zero...

I'll probably end up grabbing *something* before the end, regardless. :P
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

antic604

19 May 2018

Yeah, not much of a 'madness' when ABL3 went from 69 to 55...

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 May 2018

I think there are plenty of good REs on sale. Unfortunately the few REs I haven't got already that I'm interested in aren't on sale. :cry:

EdGrip

19 May 2018

Repro IS glorious. Easily my fave soft-synth.

manisnotabird

19 May 2018

There have been sales on the Rig updates before, right? Guess I'm waiting for those to go on sale.

strangers
Competition Winner

19 May 2018

Anyone else experiencing slowness installing RE's right now? The download process for Proton (206mb) is like I'm running on dialup.

Reminiscence

19 May 2018

Got the Backline Rig 3! woohoo!!!

aallvor

19 May 2018

If my spending limit is $30, what are the must have buys in the sale?

Lempface

19 May 2018

aallvor wrote:If my spending limit is $30, what are the must have buys in the sale?
Also interested in recommendations around this price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

cognitive

19 May 2018

strangers wrote:
19 May 2018
Anyone else experiencing slowness installing RE's right now? The download process for Proton (206mb) is like I'm running on dialup.
Same here, yesterday downloading the Mix and Mastering Rig was excruciating.

Best guess is a lot of people are hitting the servers for downloads with the May Madness deals.
Last edited by cognitive on 19 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

cognitive

19 May 2018

sublunar wrote:
18 May 2018
If you don't have the mix and mastering rig, get it. The other rigs are probably good too but I bought this one last May and subsequently upgraded to the new version of the rig as well. Good stuff.
A lot of goodness in this bundle. I'm lucky because there was almost zero overlap in what I already had in my RE collection, so I went for it.

Within a day, just one of the compressors and just one EQ from this package are already making my life easier and improving my sound on 3 different mixes, and I've only had it for a day. The normal price on just those two REs is more than the May Madness sale price of the entire Mix and Mastering Rig, so even if I never used another single RE from the package (ha, as it), I would feel I already received my money's worth.

eusti

19 May 2018

I had hoped for BHK Samples' Parafilter III going on sale as well... But nope! :(
(would definitely need to be a deep discount to make it work for me though...)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... equencer2/

D.

Noplan
Competition Winner

19 May 2018

I bought the Backline Rig. I did not have a single RE of it.

MannequinRaces

20 May 2018

Noplan wrote:
19 May 2018
I bought the Backline Rig. I did not have a single RE of it.
That's a crazy good deal for you!!! I'm eyeballing the synthetic rig even though I own quite a few in there already. The savings would still be very substantial!

moneykube

20 May 2018

PLEASE PREDITOR DISCOUNT MORE... PRETTY PLEASE
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

steff3

20 May 2018

I think Oberon for €/$39 is a good deal. It has some great presets and seems reasonable to program.

just my thought

Ottostrom

20 May 2018

Finally time for me to jump the gun and purchase Nostromo! I don't even do that much sound design with synths nowadays but I still want to support our RE developers :)

Aosta

20 May 2018

Am I the only one that isn't really feeling the sale?
After upgrading and getting Europa and Grain I'm synthed out and none of the effects are screaming out at me.The only thing I'd consider is the mastering rig but I already have Polar, the DCAM bundle, Leveler and the DR-1. The rest (though probably good) just look like a bunch of compressors and EQs with the odd maximizer thrown in (already have the Izotope).
Can anyone recommend a RE or bundle that they can't live without at a fantastic price to get my creative juices flowing?
Tend the flame

miscend

20 May 2018

Has anyone found good uses for Sunder Amplitude Splitter? It's on sale for £23 and such an unusual effect device.

antic604

20 May 2018

I was really keen on getting ABL3 even though it’s only $14 cheaper, but I’ve made some testing and turns out I can run 50% more Phoscyon VST instances than ABL3. How about that for VST performance issues :D

strangers
Competition Winner

20 May 2018

I'm fully set on synths, EQ's and comps. My focus this time around was on creative RE's. I grabbed Fritz and Proton. I should have bought both of these sooner. I have loads of Loopmasters samples that I use way less than I thought I would. I can finally change that story. Mangling samples through Fritz and Proton has turned out to be a gold mine for new ideas and the most fun I've had within Reason.
miscend wrote:
20 May 2018
Has anyone found good uses for Sunder Amplitude Splitter? It's on sale for £23 and such an unusual effect device.
Watching for a response on this, too. This was on sale last year. I demoed it but couldn't find much of a use for it.

Loque

20 May 2018

strangers wrote:
20 May 2018
I'm fully set on synths, EQ's and comps. My focus this time around was on creative RE's. I grabbed Fritz and Proton. I should have bought both of these sooner. I have loads of Loopmasters samples that I use way less than I thought I would. I can finally change that story. Mangling samples through Fritz and Proton has turned out to be a gold mine for new ideas and the most fun I've had within Reason.
miscend wrote:
20 May 2018
Watching for a response on this, too. This was on sale last year. I demoed it but couldn't find much of a use for it.
I like it more as a special fx, where you can add fx to different parts of the volume envelope, like an echo on the peak, saturation on the mid, reverb on the lowest part. Can be pretty interesting from time to time. Also as some kind of envelope shaper, wher you compress or saturate only the peaks. The draw back with this device is, that it does not have PDC for the break outs (Reason problem, not this device itself), so you need to have the same fx chains on all channels. It is quite easy to use and you can get quick results. Only if you switch source material you need to readjust the thresholds. Similar fx in VST world are much more expensive and have less features.

Do not forget, you can use it on every material that has a volume signal, that means you can also process m/s seprated material with it (extra device needed), which results in control of the amplitude areas in mono/stereo/mid/side. Just think of you want to only "echo" the outer side signals witth highest peak or stuff like that.

If you like to fiddle around with fx, you can have lots of fun. If you are more straight forward and not that fx-player-fiddle-dude, you will not use it much.
Reason12, Win10

• Information