rsTouch - Reason will not connect

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Sargie

13 May 2018

Hello - I hope someone might be able to help me as this is driving me nuts ;)

I have Reason 10.1 running on MacBook Pro. I have an iPad Pro connected to the Mac through and iConnectMIDI4 interface.

This setup has worked flawlessly for me for the past few years. All my iPad apps work properly and send MIDI and Audio to Reason.

rsTouch has stopped working for some reason. I have a Yellow "Connect" Message, a "Waiting for Reason" error, a "Reason is not responding" error and the note that "iPad MIDI is operating but Reason is not responding". The Loopback test is also failing.

Using MIDI monitor I can see that rsTouch is sending messages on the correct MIDI port every second or so (Channel Pressure 2).

The latest Codec is installed on the Mac and the correct MIDI ports are setup in Reason (and I have tried the other alternatives just to double check).

I've locked the Mixer to the Master and that does nothing.

What is weird is that the PERFORM function on rsTouch actually works. I can play a Device properly using the Mod Wheel and Pitch Bend.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks!

Sarge

Delora Software

14 May 2018

I received your support email and responded a few minutes before posting this. Please let me know via email if you did not receive it. It is probably best to do this sort of troubleshooting outside the forum.

As a general FYI to rsTouch users, its codecs rely on two-way MIDI communications. The channel aftertouch message that is mention above is part of a periodic "handshake" between rsTouch and Reason that informs rsTouch that a valid connection is in place, and provides some important Reason information. The description above suggests that MIDI from Reason is not reaching the iPad, or that rsTouch is not assigned to the proper MIDI input.

rsTouch's Perform control surface is somewhat different from the other two (Mixer and Device) because it mostly works without rsTouch being fully connected. Its keyboard, pads, grid, mod wheel, etc just need to be able to send in order to work; there is no need for a working MIDI connection from Reason back to rsTouch. So those working really only tell half the story.

As always the best way to receive timely rsTouch support is to directly contact us using our support email. rsTouch also has a built-in support feature you can use to contact us directly from inside the app. That has advantages because it includes some basic diagnostic information (you can see it included in the email message before sending). You can access this through the Support option on the Info screen. Your iDevice though needs to be configured to use Mail for this to work.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

Sargie

14 May 2018

Hi Doug,

I have received your email and will go through it. Thank-you.

Sarge

• Information