Reason 10.1 - no players, no FSB?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ohmygoff

08 May 2018

So... I used the internal update function, software and 3 GB FSB got downloaded. Now I can't see the FSB anywhere anymore, and I can't create players - they appear in the browser bar, but are greyed out in the context menu. Any ideas?

4filegate

08 May 2018

Are you sure you have logged in (during the download and installation process I had to log in again)

ohmygoff

08 May 2018

4filegate wrote:
08 May 2018
Are you sure you have logged in (during the download and installation process I had to log in again)
Positive. I wasn't asked for a re-log, there was no restart. Strange thing is that the old players are greyed out as well.

4filegate

08 May 2018

ohmygoff wrote:
08 May 2018
Positive. I wasn't asked for a re-log, there was no restart. Strange thing is that the old players are greyed out as well.
strange - uninstalling and reinstalling would be my assessment of needs.

ohmygoff

08 May 2018

4filegate wrote:
08 May 2018
ohmygoff wrote:
08 May 2018
strange - uninstalling and reinstalling would be my assessment of needs.
I'm downloading the full installer atm.

Palmeira

08 May 2018

I think there are plenty of peeps with issues atm I've done the same and after 3 hours downloading still have no new content. I've seen others with hard links gone but at least I've still got the FSB. Downloading is painfully slow so I'm going to sit this out and wait and see what happens cos things are definitely not right presently.

It may be excessively paranoid but I'm not even going to try and open any existing work just to be on the safe side!!

ohmygoff

08 May 2018

Did a quick'n dirty new install with the full installer - nothing changed. Did a reboot - nothing changed. At least I can see the FSB now again.
Attachments
reason 10.1.jpg
This is how it looks like.
reason 10.1.jpg (356.6 KiB) Viewed 1266 times

Retake

08 May 2018

I'm not sure if you know this already, but you can't use Players as a standalone device. You have to add them to an already open instrument.

If you are looking for the new drum machine Player you have to get it from the Propellerhead store as if you were buying an Rack Extension.

ohmygoff

08 May 2018

Retake wrote:
08 May 2018
I'm not sure if you know this already, but you can't use Players as a standalone device. You have to add them to an already open instrument.

If you are looking for the new drum machine Player you have to get it from the Propellerhead store as if you were buying an Rack Extension.
Facepalm. I'm feeling pretty embarrased now. Of course it's instrument first, player second. Nevertheless, the internal update somehow kicked the FSB from the Reason 10 folder. Consider me back in the coffin for now...

Retake

08 May 2018

It happens to the best of us. Glad I could help :)

Your issue also gave me a kick in the pants to finally register to this forum. I've been lurking in the background since Propellerhead closed their user forum a few years ago. So, thanks for push. :)

• Information