Mattias comments on the 10.1 update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stp2015

08 May 2018

https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/reason-101-is-here

I appreciate this somewhat new communication strategy. Mattias is letting us know that they are working on VST performance issues, and that there will be another free update for that.

He also states that there will not be a paid update this year, something else that many users complained about when the 9.5 --> 10 step happened shortly after the VST implementation.

So this is a good example, IMHO, how Props can show that they are listening to our requests. Thanks Mattias!

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

08 May 2018

stp2015 wrote:
08 May 2018

I appreciate this somewhat new communication strategy. Mattias is letting us know that they are working on VST performance issues, and that there will be another free update for that.

He also states that there will not be a paid update this year, something else that many users complained about when the 9.5 --> 10 step happened shortly after the VST implementation.

So this is a good example, IMHO, how Props can show that they are listening to our requests. Thanks Mattias!
Thanks to all of YOU for reading and always telling us what you think. :puf_smile:

Loque

08 May 2018

Muuuaaahhhh! At least VST performance will be better. Fingers crossed it will happen this year (for sure i had liked it tonight...:-D))
Reason12, Win10

MikeMcKew

08 May 2018

Thank you to Mattias and the Reason team! This is a great update and fantastic news. :D

friday

08 May 2018

Thanks for the update and the open communication!

Plöve

chimp_spanner

08 May 2018

<3 The update is amazing. I’ve spent ages with Europa already and every sample on my hard drive is instant inspiration fuel. For whatever gripes people have (and many are legitimate) this is what reason is about for me. It’s excitement, fun, new sounds and ways of working. Looking forward to the year ahead for Reason.

scratchnsnifff

08 May 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
08 May 2018
stp2015 wrote:
08 May 2018

Thanks to all of YOU for reading and always telling us what you think. :puf_smile:
This comment makes me glad that you guys don’t get annoyed with my sporadic feature ideas XD

So happy about Europa sample/wavetables and pretty happy to get the new arp/sequencer
Thanks! And can’t wait to see what’s in store for the next big thing. Maybe some combinator and vst loving? :mrgreen:
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

seqoi

08 May 2018

MattiasHG thanks for at least reporting to us that PH is working on VST performance update. That actually does it for me. I am not even ask when as long as i know PH is working on it. Until know we did not know anything.

Thank you that was awesome.

I am enjoying update and new players like completely!!!

motuscott

08 May 2018

Thank you for your service Mattias and the Props team.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

antic604

08 May 2018

Yes, that's very refreshing to hear also about what they're working on! Thank you!!!

Hope next release - or at least the announcement - will involve GUI updates :)

SoulState

08 May 2018

motuscott wrote:
08 May 2018
Thank you for your service Mattias and the Props team.
Plus one...

Great work :reason: guys and ALWAYS appreciated.
:reason:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

Awesome. Especially looking forward to the performance improvement.

I agree with other people here that it's a good thing that you from Propellerhead let us know what's coming next. This open communication is much better than being secretive imo. It helps to build trust between Props and us customers, which is worth a lot.

HeavyViper

08 May 2018

Very excited to dig in and experiment with these new tools. I was skeptical about the Drum Sequencer player, but I got halfway through the promo video and I was sold. Keep it up, Mattias and Props. :B
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

moneykube

08 May 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 May 2018
Awesome. Especially looking forward to the performance improvement.

I agree with other people here that it's a good thing that you from Propellerhead let us know what's coming next. This open communication is much better than being secretive imo. It helps to build trust between Props and us customers, which is worth a lot.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Ermitage

08 May 2018

we have decided there will not be any paid upgrades to Reason this year. So there’s absolutely no need to worry about missing out on new features later this year if you’re thinking about upgrading to Reason 10 now.
Wait, what?

But point updates are already free.

Sorped

08 May 2018

Ermitage wrote:
08 May 2018
we have decided there will not be any paid upgrades to Reason this year. So there’s absolutely no need to worry about missing out on new features later this year if you’re thinking about upgrading to Reason 10 now.
Wait, what?

Yeah, but now you don't have to worry that any further performance updates this year will be part of R11, thus costing extra €/£/$! ;)

Oh and thanks Matthias for communicating on what you guys are up to - a monthly or bi-monthly update on work in progress would be awesome!
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

PGR

08 May 2018

Another way of saying that we will not see Reason 11 before 2019

Ermitage

08 May 2018

PGR wrote:
08 May 2018
That's the thing, though. Some will see this and think they'll get 11 for free if they update to 10 now, only to realize later that this obviously isn't the case.

Quite cynical, to say the least. Then again, so is selling an essential MIDI utility instead of of just including it free of charge (i.e. not as a time-limited offer)

esselfortium

08 May 2018

Ermitage wrote:
08 May 2018
PGR wrote:
08 May 2018
That's the thing, though. Some will see this and think they'll get 11 for free if they update to 10 now, only to realize later that this obviously isn't the case.

Quite cynical, to say the least.
What?? That's not implied anywhere at all.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

stratatonic

08 May 2018

esselfortium wrote:
08 May 2018
Ermitage wrote:
08 May 2018

Quite cynical, to say the least.
What?? That's not implied anywhere at all.
Lol, that was a heck of a leap of logic by "training wheels" Ermitage. :roll:
viewtopic.php?p=388420#p388420
Last edited by stratatonic on 08 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Ermitage

08 May 2018

My point is that the wording is weird, if not sneaky. Why not just say something along the lines of "A fix for VST performance will be included in a free update for version 10 owners later this year"? Saying you've decided that you're going to make something free, when that is already a given, makes no sense.

JerrelTheKing

08 May 2018

So is the only thing new in the update is expanded capability in Europa? That makes it a Europa update. The drum sequencer is not a permanent part of the update.. snooze

FlowerSoldier

08 May 2018

Tell me about it.
Today on my way to work this guy pissed me off....
...he rolled up on me and gave me a $10 bill.
Can you believe that?
Miss me with that cheap shit.
Give me a $20 or nothing at all. What a jerk.

chimp_spanner

08 May 2018

Ermitage wrote:
08 May 2018
Wait, what?

I think this is in response to people who bought 9 when it got VST, then immediately got 10 when it came out not long after and were worried about having to pay again this year for whatever updates may come, including VST optimisation.

tumar

08 May 2018

stp2015 wrote:
08 May 2018
Mattias is letting us know that they are working on VST performance issues, and that there will be another free update for that.
VST performance? Just one Europa instance kills my Macbook Pro 15" i7 (4 cores). That is why I didn't buy R10 upgrade. Demoed it, but my quite good Macbook couldn't handle it.

• Information