Reason 10.1 - New Players + Europa Sample Import - Out Now!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jlgrimes

10 May 2018

NekujaK wrote:
08 May 2018
Maybe I just don't get it, but I've always programmed my drums directly in Reason's sequencer lane, where I have access to all of Kong's pads, can make sequences any length, have full control over velocities, can slide and shuffle, and make pattern blocks. If I want to apply a pseudo probability function, I randomize the velocities.

I appreciate that there are several features of convenience in the new drum sequencer, but this device doesn't strike me as revolutionary or groundbreaking. Also, sample loading in Europa is nice, but again, aren't there other synths that can already do this?

Not trying to be negative - I got lots of mad love for the Props and Reason. I'm just getting impatient waiting for meaningful improvements (performance, editing features) while the Props continue to distract us with inconsequential fluff.

I know performance fixes are on the way, but I just needed to gripe a little... woke up on the wrong side of the bed today :(
I think the theory is that the Drum Sequencer should be a little quicker to program drums. That said, it would have been nice if they went with a variable length pattern field than to just max it to 16 steps. That said with Repeats, it looks like it does have some cool tricks up its sleeve.

I would have been happy with piano roll improvements as well but lets see how well the sequencer works. It seems to be a cool device.

Loque

10 May 2018

Man...this Sample-Feature kicked Europe far over the top. You can get amazing sounds out of it. Use at an Oscilator is great. Hooking up the same on the Filter produces resonances, that make my heair stand on end! Amazing! If you get bored by the sound, just put in another sample and BAM!

The only thing that could be better is the way the sample is played through the envelope. If the sample is played slow and you press a short key, the sound jumps after the sustain point of the envelope which sounds most of the time bad. This glitch would be nice for an attack sound, but not for the release. Maybe someone has a good solution to not let the position jump beyond the sustain after releasing a short note...
Reason12, Win10

ltbrunt00

11 May 2018

Using the new drum player with Toontrack Studio drummer is pretty !!Sweet!!
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

• Information