Reason 10.1 - New Players + Europa Sample Import - Out Now!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Voyager

07 May 2018

Also do Kompulsion has a similar feature as the "Round" feature Cv tuner has ?

guitfnky

07 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
07 May 2018
Voyager wrote:
07 May 2018
Seems that Kompulsion user defined scales work same as Ochen K Cv tuner, if so this is dope...

I guess random would randomize notes and all parameters such as gate, velocity, lenght, delay etc...Except notes i would have like to be able to select which parameter get randomized instead all of them.
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 9.16.37 AM.png
😍

so...the delay... is that something we can do random micro-delays with, to randomize timing? and if it does, I’m assuming it doesn’t allow negative values (to trigger notes ahead of the beat)? but if it does, I’m pretty sure this thing will be my new best friend.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

ljekio

07 May 2018

I guess random would randomize notes and all parameters such as gate, velocity, lenght, delay etc...Except notes i would have like to be able to select which parameter get randomized instead all of them.
Is there access to control velocity, length, delay etc. by CV wires?
so...the delay... is that something we can do random micro-delays with, to randomize timing? and if it does, I’m assuming it doesn’t allow negative values (to trigger notes ahead of the beat)? but if it does, I’m pretty sure this thing will be my new best friend.
With Propulsion I can't found solution for microtiming control and sent suggestion about timing humanize feature.

rcbuse
RE Developer

07 May 2018

Voyager wrote:
07 May 2018
I'm afraid I don't know what that is.

rcbuse
RE Developer

07 May 2018

guitfnky wrote:
07 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
07 May 2018

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 9.16.37 AM.png
😍

You can delay each step, but unfortunately there isn't any sort of negative delay to push it ahead in time.

rcbuse
RE Developer

07 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
07 May 2018

Is there access to control velocity, length, delay etc. by CV wires?
There are no CV inputs on the back for these items. This is on the wish list for future versions.

sdst
Competition Winner

07 May 2018

that looks like heaven, what a good RE
FiatLux wrote:
06 May 2018

Voyager

07 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
07 May 2018

Voyager wrote:
07 May 2018

Round

The Round dial lets you decide what CVTuner does with CV signals that are in between notes in your scale. For example, if you have a C major scale selected, and a CV signal comes in to CVTuner that maps to C#, should that CV signal be tuned down to C, or up to D? If the Round dial is set to UP, it will round to D. If it is set to DOWN, it will round to C. If it is set to TRIAD, it will round to the nearest triad note in the scale, which is C. (Note, this only works for the preset scales.) If the Round dial is set to RANDOM, the note will be tuned randomly up or down.

* Source : PropShop Cv Tuner description

artotaku

07 May 2018

FiatLux wrote:
06 May 2018
New Lectric Panda - Kompulsion video is up.

@lectric panda: Is the pattern switching quantized/synced to the next bar? I liked this in the Reason stock devices such as Matrix or Redrum, where the pattern restart is synced to the next bar.
In Korde, my workaround was to switch a pattern depending on the snap setting of Select CV Switch utility inside a combinator.
Last edited by artotaku on 07 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

rcbuse
RE Developer

07 May 2018

Voyager wrote:
07 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
07 May 2018

Round

The Round dial lets you decide what CVTuner does with CV signals that are in between notes in your scale. For example, if you have a C major scale selected, and a CV signal comes in to CVTuner that maps to C#, should that CV signal be tuned down to C, or up to D? If the Round dial is set to UP, it will round to D. If it is set to DOWN, it will round to C. If it is set to TRIAD, it will round to the nearest triad note in the scale, which is C. (Note, this only works for the preset scales.) If the Round dial is set to RANDOM, the note will be tuned randomly up or down.

* Source : PropShop Cv Tuner description
Ah, right. Well, that makes sense in the context of a CV Tuner / Quanitzer, but doesn't really apply here. There wouldn't be any notes in between those on the scale. The Scale is used to fill out the notes on the right side.

guitfnky

07 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
07 May 2018
guitfnky wrote:
07 May 2018

😍

You can delay each step, but unfortunately there isn't any sort of negative delay to push it ahead in time.
ah, well, if the CV you plan to add later includes offset for each note lane, like in Propulsion, that would do it for me (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). regardless, this thing looks beastly. nice work! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Voyager

07 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
07 May 2018
Ah, right. Well, that makes sense in the context of a CV Tuner / Quanitzer, but doesn't really apply here. There wouldn't be any notes in between those on the scale. The Scale is used to fill out the notes on the right side.

But when you randomize don't you have notes in between ?

123repeater

07 May 2018

As a die hard user of REDRUM im really interested to try out this new drum player and see if it offers improvments. It's hard to tell what it really does but even if it just kinda gives KONG the ability to be programmed like REDRUM im interested.

Usually when I use the existing players its just to "mess something up" or make it "more interesting" without no effort... and it works but it would be great if there were MORE presets for the players for this situation. Between alligator/synchronus/audiomatic/pulverizer/players theres so much ability to further enhance existing parts I'm kinda set.

Still love to see the clip launcher.

And am grateful that my eyesight still doesn't prevent me from enjoying the GUI :D Can't believe thats such a big thing for so many people. Im going out on a limb here but I think these folks are the same folks that use varieties of excuses to prevent them from accomplishing all sorts of things in their lives! :D

rcbuse
RE Developer

07 May 2018

Voyager wrote:
07 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
07 May 2018

But when you randomize don't you have notes in between ?
Maybe an image will help.
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 11.07.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 11.07.46 AM.png (25.91 KiB) Viewed 2965 times

Eprom

07 May 2018

The only thing I hope for is a copy and paste function for Europa's engines.
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

electrofux

07 May 2018

@lectric panda
They probably didnt change the way remote items are treated in pattern based devices 10.1, did they? So i guess the grid is not going to be remotable? Would be a huge undertaking anyways to make this run on a launchpad (though not impossible)?

I also hope they add a CV to the pattern section of every pattern based device, we get a midi and audio clip recorder and everything comes together in a launch matrix RE, even if it is only 8 rows deep.

Aosta

07 May 2018

Good to see Matias went to pluck town :D
Tend the flame

rcbuse
RE Developer

07 May 2018

electrofux wrote:
07 May 2018
@lectric panda
They probably didnt change the way remote items are treated in pattern based devices 10.1, did they? So i guess the grid is not going to be remotable? Would be a huge undertaking anyways to make this run on a launchpad (though not impossible)?
I think most of your devices that have lots of data, like sequencers or the curves inside grain, europa, or parsec are going to be array based data. If you look in the repatch files you can see the parameters that are long arrays of data. I don't think those are remotable. Furthermore, I don't think they CAN be remotable. They are just blobs of data outside of the device. There isn't any path from the device to the remote interface to describe what that is.

Voyager

07 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
07 May 2018

Maybe an image will help.

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 11.07.46 AM.png

Yeah didn't pay attention to this and make totally sense since it's built-in it's obvious each sequencer can get automatically in Key.

Basically were i needed 3 devices to built some melodies ( Matrix with a Cv tuner and exporting to a Step Note recorder for editing ) it seems that Kompulsion can do this all in a single device. It's been a long time since i didn't get excited about an Re and Kompulsion totally get my attention.

artotaku

07 May 2018

electrofux wrote:
07 May 2018
I also hope they add a CV to the pattern section of every pattern based device, we get a midi and audio clip recorder and everything comes together in a launch matrix RE, even if it is only 8 rows deep.
A dedicated clip player/trigger device would be great. Currently, it is only possible with a lot of CV wiring. And players are stackable which offers further possibilities. A clip could be addressed by note or velocity which makes up to 127 x 127 possibilities. I don´t believe that the player will contain the MIDI sequences itself since a lot of scenes/patterns/rows might exceed the number of max amount of properties. I think there are some options how this device could be tailored, e. g. one device per track with lots of scenes/patterns/rows or a device with a complete matrix but less scenes/rows.

electrofux

07 May 2018

artotaku wrote:
07 May 2018
electrofux wrote:
07 May 2018
A dedicated clip player/trigger device would be great. Currently, it is only possible with a lot of CV wiring. And players are stackable which offers further possibilities. A clip could be addressed by note or velocity which makes up to 127 x 127 possibilities. I don´t believe that the player will contain the MIDI sequences itself since a lot of scenes/patterns/rows might exceed the number of max amount of properties. I think there are some options how this device could be tailored, e. g. one device per track with lots of scenes/patterns/rows or a device with a complete matrix but less scenes/rows.
Honestly, i dont see why there couldnt be a midi clip recorder. I mean, there is a big one further down the Reason window. It is just a matter of interpreting a list of Midi events and then display them.

emilng

07 May 2018

electrofux wrote:
07 May 2018
Honestly, i dont see why there couldnt be a midi clip recorder. I mean, there is a big one further down the Reason window. It is just a matter of interpreting a list of Midi events and then display them.
I'm sure there is no technical reason why they couldn't incorporate a midi clip recorder just as there probably isn't a technical reason they can't add a word processor and image editor since it's just text and pixels which is all over the program. Getting code and interface to work with what's already in the software is a hard and complicated process that is more than just displaying something on the screen. Imagine the complaints on here if they "just interpreted a list of MIDI events and displayed them" and called it a day.

electrofux

07 May 2018

emilng wrote:
07 May 2018
electrofux wrote:
07 May 2018
I'm sure there is no technical reason why they couldn't incorporate a midi clip recorder just as there probably isn't a technical reason they can't add a word processor and image editor since it's just text and pixels which is all over the program. Getting code and interface to work with what's already in the software is a hard and complicated process that is more than just displaying something on the screen. Imagine the complaints on here if they "just interpreted a list of MIDI events and displayed them" and called it a day.
If loop recording would have been done right, i would be a happy man with a simple clip launcher but that is just me ;-)

artotaku

07 May 2018

electrofux wrote:
07 May 2018
artotaku wrote:
07 May 2018

I don´t question that a MIDI recorder is possible, but I meant a MIDI recorder as RE player device that stores all notes of all clips and not just limited on 8 scenes or so. Don´t know how much data could be stored by a RE, maybe it´s possible if done like in Kompulsion as data arrays. Ofc it could be incorporated differently outside of the rack. Let´s admit - Ableton Live did it just right. I have the feeling - if it ever comes - it will be in a very Reason way ;-)

chimp_spanner

07 May 2018

By the 8th, I'm hoping they mean 00:01 tonight :D

• Information