Reason 10.1 - New Players + Europa Sample Import - Out Now!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SoulState

08 May 2018

Watching Props Player Vid...Love the humour ; )
Last edited by SoulState on 08 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Voyager

08 May 2018

seqoi

08 May 2018

SoulState wrote:
08 May 2018
Where? Link? Nothing on website or youtube channel..

edit: fount it in the shop

mataya

08 May 2018

Hi,

I really have no intentions to be rude or something like that. I'm just trying to figure out, what is the benefit of having this device as a player as oppose to standard RE you already have in the shop.
The only thing that comes to my mind is no cabling? I enjoy that making cable connections actually. Is there something about stacking different players? Because "stacking" Re's is also possible in different kind of ways. I'm just struggling in this moment.
Thank you for answering. Would really appreciate it.

M

Loque

08 May 2018

mataya wrote:
08 May 2018
Hi,

I really have no intentions to be rude or something like that. I'm just trying to figure out, what is the benefit of having this device as a player as oppose to standard RE you already have in the shop.
The only thing that comes to my mind is no cabling? I enjoy that making cable connections actually. Is there something about stacking different players? Because "stacking" Re's is also possible in different kind of ways. I'm just struggling in this moment.

M
Well, Players are very easy to stack in different combinations without cabling, just by drag&drop and ofc you have all midi notes (also chords). In the core, this one is still a rhythm generator as the RE is. Now try to combine both with Scales&Chords, a Note Echo, a Midi Compressor and so on...That is a lot of cabling to be done...

So in the core actually all Players are Midi processors, they come over the lack of mono CV. Probably a lot of those device could have been done with Poly CV too. I am glad, that someone now combines those both worlds.
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

08 May 2018

mataya wrote:
08 May 2018
Hi,

M
No problem!

They both have their pros and cons. If you're happy with Euclid it's of course not absolutely necessary to get Euclidean.

What sets Euclidean apart is that:

- It's polyphonic
- It is sample-accurate since it does MIDI out instead of CV out
- It's controlled by MIDI in, i e it plays while one or more keys are held
- It's velocity sensitive (unless Velocity Mode is set to Fixed)
- It has built-in controls for Hold and Retrig
- It responds to the Run button inside combinators when the main sequencer is stopped

eusti

08 May 2018

buddard wrote:
08 May 2018

No problem!

They both have their pros and cons. If you're happy with Euclid it's of course not absolutely necessary to get Euclidean.

- It's polyphonic
- It responds to the Run button inside combinators when the main sequencer is stopped
Thanks for explaining! And thanks for the intro price! (Something that I miss with Kompulsion having bought both Propulsion and Korde... )

D.

WongoTheSane

08 May 2018

buddard wrote:
08 May 2018
mataya wrote:
08 May 2018
Hi,

M
No problem!

- It's polyphonic
And additionally, it can be placed between other players, which the RE version can't do obviously. Combining Players is so powerful - and so much fun - that the capability to mix'n'match them cannot be stated enough.

mataya

08 May 2018

buddard wrote:
08 May 2018
mataya wrote:
08 May 2018
Hi,

M
No problem!

- It's polyphonic
I'm satisfied with both explanations, yours and by Loque's. Thanks again.

M

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
07 May 2018
fotizimo wrote:
07 May 2018
@lectricpanda,

Can the new players such as Kompulsion "send to track", I can't tell from looking at the introduction video, so thought I would ask. That is a great feature, and I hope it makes it through to the new player REs.

(I couldn't see if this was already covered in this topic)
Yes, all the new players will have this ability, just like the existing players. There is also another ability that no one has talked about yet in this thread!! Something that greatly adds value to these players! :puf_bigsmile:
Its out of the bag now! Pattern lanes! I was very excited they added this. Real pattern control. I'm not sure if every realizes this, but you can offset a pattern so playback restarts or stutters or turns the device off.
Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 8.51.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 8.51.48 AM.png (7.62 KiB) Viewed 2666 times

SoulState

08 May 2018

seqoi wrote:
08 May 2018
SoulState wrote:
08 May 2018
Where? Link? Nothing on website or youtube channel..

edit: fount it in the shop

Oh sorry about that. Hate when people don't "link" stuff they're referring to too :oops:
:reason:

electrofux

08 May 2018

Yeah pattern lanes look cool. But do they switch around the pattern in the Player device during playback? That is something i dont like so much since editing then becomes a pain. I just hope they somehow decoupled that.

And di i mention i would like to see step conditions on the Prop Sequencer and Kompulsion. (play 1 outof 4 times, play when the previous tep played which Kompulsion actually has sort of etc.) Could be integrated into the Probability Knob.
Last edited by electrofux on 08 May 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Eprom

08 May 2018

After playing 15 minutes with it, I'm already a big fan of the Drum Sequencer.
Thank you PropHeads! :thumbs_up:
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

Ermitage

08 May 2018

I am getting quite inconsistent mouse handling when scrolling through probability settings in the Drum Sequencer. Instead of being continuous it just stort of stops randomly, like there's lag or something.

sdst
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

I find this update more attractive than the 10.0,

so now this is the real R 10

WongoTheSane

08 May 2018

Ermitage wrote:
08 May 2018
I am getting quite inconsistent mouse handling when scrolling through probability settings in the Drum Sequencer. Instead of being continuous it just stort of stops randomly, like there's lag or something.
It might be because when you're setting the probability, your mouse has to stay - horizontally - in the column of the step. If you go a little outside to the left or to the right, it stops scanning the mouse. Takes a little practice to get right :)

column.PNG
column.PNG (13.18 KiB) Viewed 2572 times

electrofux

08 May 2018

Has anyone been able to adjust the velocity of individual repeats within a Step like the pictures of Superbooth suggested to be possible?
Edit :Got it, its the additional flam modes

buddard
RE Developer

08 May 2018

electrofux wrote:
08 May 2018
Yeah pattern lanes look cool. But do they switch around the pattern in the Player device during playback? That is something i dont like so much since editing then becomes a pain. I just hope they somehow decoupled that.
It's not something that needs to (or can?) be solved in the SDK. It's up to the developer to decide which pattern to show in the display. Reason will simply tell the device which pattern is requested by the user and when it should start. The developer can use that information to display the corresponding pattern, or they can choose to implement another mechanism for that.

United South

08 May 2018

What other options are there besides velocity I see arrows??

Adabler
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

United South wrote:
08 May 2018
The orange arrows adjust the velocity.

The blue ones:
blueCapture.JPG
blueCapture.JPG (19.31 KiB) Viewed 2438 times
:reason: 12, Win10

Loque

08 May 2018

Adabler wrote:
08 May 2018
United South wrote:
08 May 2018

The blue ones:

blueCapture.JPG
Preset? What Preset? From the device?
Reason12, Win10

electrofux

08 May 2018

United South wrote:
08 May 2018
Was starting to dream too when i saw it in the superbooth video Like the Player magically gets knowledge of the underlying device and presents a huge list of adjustable parameters :-) Or just CV-Out 1
Last edited by electrofux on 08 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

United South

08 May 2018

Adabler wrote:
08 May 2018
United South wrote:
08 May 2018

The blue ones:

blueCapture.JPG

Oh ok

• Information