Reason 10.1 - New Players + Europa Sample Import - Out Now!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
esselfortium

06 May 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
06 May 2018
nickb523 wrote:
04 May 2018
From facebook -

Wtf? First people don’t play their own chords and now they need not edit their own MIDI.

Sigh.
Personally I take issue with any so-called electronic musicians who aren’t chiseling all their zeroes and ones by hand. What has happened to our artistic integrity??
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

EnochLight

06 May 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
06 May 2018
Wtf? First people don’t play their own chords and now they need not edit their own MIDI.

Sigh.
There are many uses for MIDI effects that are useful, even for professionally trained musicians that are fluent in playing keys.
esselfortium wrote:
06 May 2018
Personally I take issue with any so-called electronic musicians who aren’t chiseling all their zeroes and ones by hand. What has happened to our artistic integrity??
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reasonistas
RE Developer

06 May 2018

Creativemind wrote:
04 May 2018
fieldframe wrote:
04 May 2018

Possibly, but historically unlikely. Reason 7 stopped at 7.1, and 8 stopped at 8.2. Reason 9.5 was the first .5 release since 6.5, which was itself the first .5 release since 2.5!

(Version history taken from https://www.reasonistas.com/reason-version-history)
Reason 8 stopped at 8.3 actually. I know, I'm on it lol!
Actually Reason 8 ended with 8.3.2 released on 11-Nov-2015.
(Version history taken from https://www.reasonistas.com/reason-version-history)
ImageImageImage

jimmyklane

06 May 2018

esselfortium wrote:
06 May 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
06 May 2018

Sigh.
We need a :sarcasm: emoji on this forum.....
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

aeox
Competition Winner

06 May 2018

nickb523 wrote:
03 May 2018

:o
You should update the main post with all the images and details found throughout the thread.Since you changed the title, the content of the post should match :thumbs_up:

Fantomas

06 May 2018

I’m a bit confused now... are these players will be included in the update and some more? What exactly will the update contain? Matthias said something like “stuff coming to the shop”

EnochLight

06 May 2018

Fantomas wrote:
06 May 2018
I’m a bit confused now... are these players will be included in the update and some more? What exactly will the update contain? Matthias said something like “stuff coming to the shop”
Europa's new sampling feature will be coming ITB, as will support for the new SDK that supports Players from 3rd party devs. New Players will be sold in the PropShop, just like RE's. Whether it's something that's free or paid for is entirely up to the devs.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sdst
Competition Winner

06 May 2018

I own all the new Players, I mean the old versions

I want Kompassion prices

Fantomas

06 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
06 May 2018
Fantomas wrote:
06 May 2018
Europa's new sampling feature will be coming ITB, as will support for the new SDK that supports Players from 3rd party devs. New Players will be sold in the PropShop, just like RE's. Whether it's something that's free or paid for is entirely up to the devs.
Thanks mate :)

FiatLux

06 May 2018

New Lectric Panda - Kompulsion video is up.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

06 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
06 May 2018
Fantomas wrote:
06 May 2018
Here's what someone who talked to me at Superbooth would've told you: Europa's included in 10.1, Drum Sequencer is available in the shop but available for free to anyone with a Reason 10 license during the first month or so, the other Players we've shown will release in the shop at launch and the prices are of course up to the devs. Reason 10.1 is a free update to everyone with Reason 10, as most of you suspected.

There's a lot of fun to be had combining different Players and Europa's sample loading is super neat, hope you guys look forward to it! It's what our device/Rack Extension team has been working on for a while. :)

Adabler
Competition Winner

06 May 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
06 May 2018
Europa's included in 10.1, Drum Sequencer is available in the shop but available for free to anyone with a Reason 10 license during the first month or so, the other Players we've shown will release in the shop at launch and the prices are of course up to the devs. Reason 10.1 is a free update to everyone with Reason 10, as most of you suspected.
Thank you! Great news!

Do you know if the new players can be included in a subscription?
:reason: 12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

06 May 2018

You heard it folks! Ya better upgrade to R10 now! Incentive!

Zac

06 May 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
06 May 2018
EnochLight wrote:
06 May 2018

Here's what someone who talked to me at Superbooth would've told you: Europa's included in 10.1, Drum Sequencer is available in the shop but available for free to anyone with a Reason 10 license during the first month or so, the other Players we've shown will release in the shop at launch and the prices are of course up to the devs. Reason 10.1 is a free update to everyone with Reason 10, as most of you suspected.

There's a lot of fun to be had combining different Players and Europa's sample loading is super neat, hope you guys look forward to it! It's what our device/Rack Extension team has been working on for a while. :)
This bit to me reads .. we also have other teams working on other things ;)

Ostermilk

06 May 2018

sdst wrote:
06 May 2018

I want Kompassion prices
:lol: :lol: :lol:

guitfnky

06 May 2018

FiatLux wrote:
06 May 2018
New Lectric Panda - Kompulsion video is up.

holy hell is this thing deep. :shock: :geek: :mrgreen:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

nickb523
RE Developer

06 May 2018

aeox wrote:
06 May 2018
nickb523 wrote:
03 May 2018

:o
You should update the main post with all the images and details found throughout the thread.Since you changed the title, the content of the post should match :thumbs_up:
Good call. Post updated. Lemme know if i've missed anything. :)

ltbrunt00

06 May 2018

The good thing this is exactly what I wanted, the sad thing is now I have to spend more money.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

GRIFTY

06 May 2018

panda - any deals for folks who already happen to own both korde and propulsion?

dpcoffin

06 May 2018

GRIFTY wrote:
06 May 2018
panda - any deals for folks who already happen to own both korde and propulsion?
Exactly—hope so!

chimp_spanner

06 May 2018

If I had to guess I'd say there'll probably be an introductory pricing period (especially while 3rd party players are hot off the press). But tbh even if not, I'd happily pay full whack for something like this. It's obviously based on existing devices but the functionality is quite far beyond it, and the impression I got from a comment by RB was that these are pretty much ground-up re-writes to fit into the player format. So I've no problem compensating Panda for his time!

Catblack

06 May 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
06 May 2018
If I had to guess I'd say there'll probably be an introductory pricing period (especially while 3rd party players are hot off the press). But tbh even if not, I'd happily pay full whack for something like this. It's obviously based on existing devices but the functionality is quite far beyond it, and the impression I got from a comment by RB was that these are pretty much ground-up re-writes to fit into the player format. So I've no problem compensating Panda for his time!
Exactly this. I'd already set aside some money in my budget for May Madness, but now it looks like I'm going to pick up a bunch of Players. I really, really hope that they come in at introductory prices, even if it's for a week.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Zac

06 May 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
06 May 2018
Hmm. That's a very generous view in my opinion. I have korde but if i had korde and propulsion and was asked to pay for kompulsion without a discount i would think lectric panda was letting its customer base down.

Zac

06 May 2018

The (probable) fact that RE devs can't even trace which users have something such as that pair of devices let alone allow them a future discount on a combined device that they already own the parts to is down to whichever 'team' the props have working on the shop and/or purchases. My guess is one graduate with a degree in history or geography but has a part time interest in programming/web design/music.

Sorry but the shop is soo bad.

Ostermilk

06 May 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
06 May 2018
esselfortium wrote:
06 May 2018

We need a :sarcasm: emoji on this forum.....
Really we don't. We just need more sarcasm of this calibre.

• Information