Reason 10.1 - New Players + Europa Sample Import - Out Now!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
United South

04 May 2018

Hopefully the drum sequencer has 16 channels and 64 steps aannd be able to link patterns or I’ll just stick to what’s working now.

teddymcw

04 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
04 May 2018
EdGrip wrote:
04 May 2018
I'd bet the farm that it won't be limited to 16 steps.

10.1 does suggest they've got more in the tank before we get to 11.
Possibly, but historically unlikely. Reason 7 stopped at 7.1, and 8 stopped at 8.2. Reason 9.5 was the first .5 release since 6.5, which was itself the first .5 release since 2.5!

(Version history taken from https://www.reasonistas.com/reason-version-history)
I don't think they're tripping to much about version naming after they got to 10. I'm sure their marketing dept wanted to get to 10 bc of Logic and Ableton soon.

But ya, hope this means they got some realllll cool plans / integration / madness for whatever Reason 11 will mean.

Catblack

04 May 2018

I'm really very curious about the Drum Sequencer and how it interacts with the ReGroove mixer.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

antic604

04 May 2018

guitfnky wrote:
04 May 2018
if they do, I hope they do a better job of showcasing it; I'm still sort of giddy about the whole blocks to song clips thing that came in some update somewhere along the line that I just happened to stumble onto a week or so ago. would've been helpful to know it was there earlier.
While I agree with this in general, I don't understand such mentality - 1st, there's few videos on this on Props YT channel and many more on YT in general, 2nd it's extensively explained in the Manual, 3rd how can you see something being there in DAW ("Enable blocks mode" in menus up top, big "Blocks" icon in sequencer's toolbar) and not try it out or look it up somewhere if you've no clue what it does? :?

aeox
Competition Winner

04 May 2018

They are trying to get people to upgrade to the 10 before they release the 11 ;)

scratchnsnifff

04 May 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
04 May 2018
Loading samples into the filter section is freakin’ awesome. Sound design heaven!
The only question is if it only loads one sample in one oscilator. Even if it only lets you use one sampled oscilator, Europa is powerful enough that it will still open up the paradox of creativity
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

stp2015

04 May 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
04 May 2018
The only question is if it only loads one sample in one oscilator. Even if it only lets you use one sampled oscilator, Europa is powerful enough that it will still open up the paradox of creativity
I would hope it is for all oscillators. The unison detune and spread are not wide enough for me to get a "fat" (sorry for the word) sound from a single oscillator. I usually have unison on all three of them and then detune...

scratchnsnifff

04 May 2018

stp2015 wrote:
04 May 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
04 May 2018
I would hope it is for all oscillators. The unison detune and spread are not wide enough for me to get a "fat" (sorry for the word) sound from a single oscillator. I usually have unison on all three of them and then detune...
The term user “wave” makes me assume it’s just one. But I’d hope they would eventually make all 3 sample ready. If it is one, we need to pester them with kindness to finish ze job. Man I’m so excited to see this even if it is just one sample oscilator (I’ve gotten decent at freehanding my favorite spectral shapes)

Also if widening a sound is what you are looking for, don’t forget or underestimate the haas effect, and another trick is to throw the ddl into a combinator and set the milliseconds to 1-17ish and use a slow LFO to modulate the millisecond time. Also slightly modulate the feedback and you have a home made dimension expander :)
Few tricks of the cable can solve a wide ness issue

Creativemind

04 May 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
04 May 2018
That suggests to me that they have something bigger in mind for .5.
You're probably right there Chimp! :-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

04 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
04 May 2018
EdGrip wrote:
04 May 2018
I'd bet the farm that it won't be limited to 16 steps.

10.1 does suggest they've got more in the tank before we get to 11.
Possibly, but historically unlikely. Reason 7 stopped at 7.1, and 8 stopped at 8.2. Reason 9.5 was the first .5 release since 6.5, which was itself the first .5 release since 2.5!

(Version history taken from https://www.reasonistas.com/reason-version-history)
Reason 8 stopped at 8.3 actually. I know, I'm on it lol!

guitfnky

04 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 May 2018
guitfnky wrote:
04 May 2018
if they do, I hope they do a better job of showcasing it; I'm still sort of giddy about the whole blocks to song clips thing that came in some update somewhere along the line that I just happened to stumble onto a week or so ago. would've been helpful to know it was there earlier.
While I agree with this in general, I don't understand such mentality - 1st, there's few videos on this on Props YT channel and many more on YT in general, 2nd it's extensively explained in the Manual, 3rd how can you see something being there in DAW ("Enable blocks mode" in menus up top, big "Blocks" icon in sequencer's toolbar) and not try it out or look it up somewhere if you've no clue what it does? :?
uhh...that’s not what I said...I’ve been using Blocks since they were introduced. I’m referring to the ability to convert blocks into song clips in the sequencer, which is fairly recent.

you used to have to go into Blocks mode, copy your clips, exit Blocks mode, then paste them where you want them in the sequencer. now you can right click on the block in the sequencer and just choose the option to send all the clips in the block into the sequencer.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Creativemind

04 May 2018

guitfnky wrote:
04 May 2018
Yeah that's annoyed me a lot in the past. They never seem to include a full list of implementations in an update on their site. There was something added somewhere along the line a couple of years or so ago which I forget now but was something I would've really found useful and it was easily 2 months after upgrading before I knew it had been added. Think I read it somewhere on here and was like 'wth' so all this time I could've been using that. Why they don't list EVERY implementation after release baffles me. How else you supposed to know it's there? Something says they're embarrassed about small implementations because they didn't include them years ago and so try to slip them in under the radar lol!

guitfnky

04 May 2018

Creativemind wrote:
04 May 2018

Yeah that's annoyed me a lot in the past. They never seem to include a full list of implementations in an update on their site. There was something added somewhere along the line a couple of years or so ago which I forget now but was something I would've really found useful and it was easily 2 months after upgrading before I knew it had been added. Think I read it somewhere on here and was like 'wth' so all this time I could've been using that. Why they don't list EVERY implementation after release baffles me. How else you supposed to know it's there? Something says they're embarrassed about small implementations because they didn't include them years ago and so try to slip them in under the radar lol!
haha, yeah, I’ve wondered that too. I can see why they wouldn’t make a big deal about stuff like that when they’re trying to sell people on the big ticket stuff with an upgrade, but I agree, they should at least put it in the version notes list.

stratatonic

04 May 2018

guitfnky wrote:
04 May 2018
antic604 wrote:
04 May 2018

uhh...that’s not what I said...I’ve been using Blocks since they were introduced. I’m referring to the ability to convert blocks into song clips in the sequencer, which is fairly recent.

you used to have to go into Blocks mode, copy your clips, exit Blocks mode, then paste them where you want them in the sequencer. now you can right click on the block in the sequencer and just choose the option to send all the clips in the block into the sequencer.
Convert Block Clips to Song Clips has been there since Reason FIVE... :)

guitfnky

04 May 2018

stratatonic wrote:
04 May 2018
guitfnky wrote:
04 May 2018

Convert Block Clips to Song Clips has been there since Reason FIVE... :)

seriously??? I can’t believe I never would have seen that before, since I use them *all the time*, and five+Record Duo was my first Reason version. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Jagwah

04 May 2018

Ostermilk wrote:
04 May 2018
Jagwah wrote:
03 May 2018

You should see what the young fellas get around in over here - they wear these weird short shorts that are faded in colour, or they wear those weird skin tight rapper pants with the low crotch, ugh, what's wrong with cargo pants for heaven's sake? Anyway, we should keep it on topic :angel:
I cut my skin tight rapper pants down, faded them, then made my current low crotch, short shorts out of them.

Perhaps that's why I'm in some difficulty.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

CephaloPod

04 May 2018

selig wrote:
04 May 2018
EdGrip wrote:So that's new Players from Robotic Bean, LoveOne and Lectric Panda...
And possibly others…
;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Oh, damn.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

CephaloPod

04 May 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
04 May 2018
Loading samples into the filter section is freakin’ awesome. Sound design heaven!
Honestly, I don't even know what it means. A sample is a filter???
Reason/Logic

scratchnsnifff

04 May 2018

CephaloPod wrote:
04 May 2018
chimp_spanner wrote:
04 May 2018
The user sample filter looks like it will work like the way envelope4 works

Basically reshapes the sound using a drawable curve, except you don’t draw the waveform. Europa analyzes what the waveform looks like and uses its waveform to “draw” the filter for you. Same concept as it is currently but wel be able to have more complex shapes

CephaloPod

04 May 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
04 May 2018
CephaloPod wrote:
04 May 2018

The user sample filter looks like it will work like the way envelope4 works

Basically reshapes the sound using a drawable curve, except you don’t draw the waveform. Europa analyzes what the waveform looks like and uses its waveform to “draw” the filter for you. Same concept as it is currently but wel be able to have more complex shapes
That makes sense. I'm not sure how useful that is other than trying out some random stuff to see what happens. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Reason/Logic

seqoi

05 May 2018

EdGrip wrote:
03 May 2018
Don't worry, I don't really think that. I was just getting in ahead of the inevitable "This means Propellerhead are in trouble" responses to literally any update or new device.
Haha that was my first thought as well. I was like wow great amazing!!! Pattern player for kong!! Next thing which came to my mind was "oh no now we'll see hundreds people claiming PH is going down"...

One can be learned...

You can never please everyone and - hard time to be developer

AzureEyes

05 May 2018

Mattias said Europa can only load one sample at a time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AzureEyes

05 May 2018

AzureEyes wrote:Mattias said Europa can only load one sample at a time!

Source! Image

antic604

05 May 2018

AzureEyes wrote:
05 May 2018
AzureEyes wrote:Mattias said Europa can only load one sample at a time!

Source! Image

That's pretty half-assed... So you can only use the same single sample in all 3 engines and the filter? Why wouldn't they make at least 2-3 user waveforms? I don't think it requires 3x the coding or whatever :(

electrofux

05 May 2018

It is a bit half baked but better than nothing. Since there isnt a device with multiple sample loading capabilities i guess it was just alot easier to just implement whats already there.

• Information