Reason 10.1 - New Players + Europa Sample Import - Out Now!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Steedus
Competition Winner

03 May 2018

Cool, they posted on Facebook to keep an eye on their Instagram for "something new".

It's a very useful addition, I'm happy.

scratchnsnifff

03 May 2018

So if that Facebook post is true than I’d have to say I agree with 10 being the biggest update for my needs and taste :D
And the drum sequencer is a neat idea I love the UI of the players I wish the combinator would get an update with that sleek look :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

jimmyklane

03 May 2018

If we’re really going to get more “in-house” solutions then I’m totally happy!

Even though I’m much more likely to use the sequencer on my BSII or the arpeggiator on my samplers and synths....something that would be really neat to have is a “multi-midi” instrument so I don’t have to make massive combinators filled with EMDs all set to different CCs...a multi-timbral EMD would be killer as well.

I want a dirty and grimy sampler in Reason. Something like Morgana or TAL sampler. I could use all my refills and sounds and get the dirt PER VOICE, instead of slapping Decimort or Scream4 onto the back-end.

That said, I know that not everybody is a samplist such as I am....I prefer to program beautiful sounds and then warp them into something “other” in sampling back and forth on various boxes. Anyone that owns hardware should seriously try this at home!

Create sound in Grain....sample the best parts....add the samplers effects and looping....sample to another box, in analog, with various processors in-between....mangle in that 2nd sampler, and send it all back to sampler 1 for looping and playback.

My two are the Ensoniq EPS 16+ ——>EMu e5000 and back.

I do the same with drums between the MPC and the SP1200.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

AzureEyes

03 May 2018

Boy aren't you folks in for a treat :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fieldframe
RE Developer

03 May 2018

I seriously considered going to Berlin for Superbooth this year, but decided against it on the grounds that I'd be spending vacation money just to preview gear that I'd then want to spend more on.

Hoping we get an official announcement soon so I can get over my regret for not going. :)

Jagwah

03 May 2018

Ostermilk wrote:
03 May 2018
I gotta say I'm flabbergasted at some of the latest threads.
You should see what the young fellas get around in over here - they wear these weird short shorts that are faded in colour, or they wear those weird skin tight rapper pants with the low crotch, ugh, what's wrong with cargo pants for heaven's sake? Anyway, we should keep it on topic :angel:

Faastwalker

03 May 2018

Excited to some a new Player device inbound. Someone posted on FB that they heard there were several new players & other additions. But I guess time will tell. I'm just pleased to see Propellerhead out & about at this kind of event. They tend to skip most of them.

chaosroyale

03 May 2018

Yikes- I was just making the usual sarcastic comment about Props focusing on out-of-left-field features and ignoring long-requested fixes, but it seems that today was the day everyone piles on poor old Reason? That was not my intention at all. I just get frustrated by the head-in-the-sand approach.

Anyway, if Europa gets a sample import feature that will be great news for R10 owners, and will go a long way to boosting Europa from "good and easy to use wavetable synth" to "deceptively easy yet surprisingly powerful wavetable synth", (I really hope they one day add some dedicated CV inputs to encourage users who wanna take the modular plunge)

"Player" devices: could not care less. That seems like a niche best left as paid REs for individual users to select, rather like goddamn Kalimbas should have been.

Has anyone at the event found out for sure what the other new features are?

esselfortium

03 May 2018

chaosroyale wrote:
03 May 2018
"Player" devices: could not care less. That seems like a niche best left as paid REs for individual users to select, rather like goddamn Kalimbas should have been.
Well, that's what they've announced here. Third-party devs are making their own Players now.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

EnochLight

03 May 2018

AzureEyes wrote:
03 May 2018
Boy aren't you folks in for a treat :)
Playing fork knife for a fortnite? :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

QVprod

04 May 2018

Geltic Höhn wrote:
03 May 2018
QVprod wrote:
03 May 2018

There’s not a single rack device Propellerhead could create that wouldn’t cover some similar ground as other REs... there will always be some overlap with stock stuff and plugins no matter what DAW you use.
Was there a stand alone LFO when Pulsar was released?
Are there comparable RE's to the A-List Guitar Samplers (Rob Papen POS is NOT comparative)
How About the Rotary Leslie sim ?
Synchronous ?
Polar ?
Alligator ?
And the list goes on and on.
All of those Re simply just came out first. Particularly because RE was still a new platform at the time. Same situation for the A-List stuff. It was released right before or around the time of the IDT SDK announcement. Speaking in the present tense, not in the past, My statement still stands. Most things are covered at this point as far as a device being completely unique. Besides Pulsar coming out first (and being free for 6.5 users) didn't stop several other developers from making LFO REs. So what if there are other drum sequencers. It's not like Redrum and Matrix didn't already exist when developers made their own CV drum sequencers. Propellerhead can make their own take on one. As has already been leaked, Lectric Panda has one coming out as well. God forbid they ever make an EQ, then they'd be "directly competing" with McDSP.
Creativemind wrote:
03 May 2018
Which says to me that Propellerhead should stop making new stock devices and improve the ones they already have. Subtractor 2, Thor 2, Combinator 2, ECF2, Kong 2, Redrum 2 and Scales & Chords 2 but that player does look very nice non the less.
As has been pointed out. I fail to see how updating devices is any different providing new ones... Updating devices would make them more competitive to the REs in the shop... but you have an issue with their devices being competitive to Res in the shop in the first place. I'm lost by that logic.
TheNoog wrote:
03 May 2018
If you think overlapping is the same as directly competing, well...
It is. Overlap means similar functionality. Europa and Expanse overlap. They do not have the same exact functionality, yet quite a few here see those as direct competitors simply because the type of synthesis is the same. Then the comparison of today, "oh my gosh Propellerhead made a drum sequencer, they're directly competing with Propulsion" as if all drum sequencers are the same.

All of that aside. The leaked info sounds pretty good!

lakinlakin

04 May 2018

The thing I want most is an update to the GUI so I can see all the new cool stuff more clearly.

botnotbot

04 May 2018

Got some great new candidates for the old ignore list from this thread.

By the way, is anyone curious about the wording of the ad currently sitting on the Props' website (back in rotation again)?

"Emma is picking up cables. But Reason 10 has arrived!"

Now, I've always interpreted this to mean that we are getting MIDI routing/cables in Reason 10.x upgrade cycle.

Does anyone have a different interpretation?

EdGrip

04 May 2018

It's tempting to say we're reading too much into that ad.
But it is a weird ad and doesn't immediately make sense.

Ostermilk

04 May 2018

Jagwah wrote:
03 May 2018
Ostermilk wrote:
03 May 2018
I gotta say I'm flabbergasted at some of the latest threads.
You should see what the young fellas get around in over here - they wear these weird short shorts that are faded in colour, or they wear those weird skin tight rapper pants with the low crotch, ugh, what's wrong with cargo pants for heaven's sake? Anyway, we should keep it on topic :angel:
I cut my skin tight rapper pants down, faded them, then made my current low crotch, short shorts out of them.

Perhaps that's why I'm in some difficulty.

nooomy

04 May 2018

Found thispicture on their instagram. Looks like a drum seq player!

antic604

04 May 2018

nooomy wrote:
04 May 2018
Found thispicture on their instagram. Looks like a drum seq player!
Why do you think this thread was created in the first place? :D

sdst
Competition Winner

04 May 2018

this is brilliant, big fan of drums sequencer

Finally a propulsion with copy to track,

Ixus

04 May 2018

All I want is updated sequenser and audio editing!

Ermitage

04 May 2018

Ixus wrote:
04 May 2018
All I want is updated sequenser and audio editing!
me too, man :<

bik44

04 May 2018

Ixus wrote:All I want is updated sequenser and audio editing!
Me too + multitrimbal instruments support

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

miscend

04 May 2018

chaosroyale wrote:
03 May 2018
Cool, they have enough resources to spare to work on a new player. They must have finished improving the VST performance and implementing consistent labels across tracks, return to play origin, text value inputs, a new combinator, and retina compatibility.
Consistent labels across tracks?

jimmyklane

04 May 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 May 2018
riemac wrote:
03 May 2018
I still hope for wavetable import for Europa. I wondered why this was missing from the beginning. Would make a great feature in an update.
Iv been begging for this since the beta lol or at least more wavetables especially dynamic
They’d have to provide us with a file format as well as the cycle lengths and the number of individual “slices” in each wavetable. In addition they may have to create a tool to create and import them. I make transwaves with the EXCELLENT AudioTerm software (cannot remember the developers name, but he is on GS forum and has helped me in creating wavetables for my Blofeld)....so perhaps if it simply took .wav/.aiff files that would work, but in almost any case I can imagine it would be a bit fiddly.

THAT SAID....I’m 100% in agreement with you that user import like we have for the convolution impulses in the RV7000mkII would be incredible and allow each of us to completely customize the synth to our individual preferences and this it would never sound the same for me as it does for you due to differing source “oscillators”.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Creativemind

04 May 2018

miscend wrote:
04 May 2018
chaosroyale wrote:
03 May 2018
Cool, they have enough resources to spare to work on a new player. They must have finished improving the VST performance and implementing consistent labels across tracks, return to play origin, text value inputs, a new combinator, and retina compatibility.
Consistent labels across tracks?
Think this means 'labelling the tracks automatically labels the clip'?

Text value inputs - think this means 'manual parameter inputs' - i.e - type in parameter values. I'd also like to add 'copy and paste' of parameter values to another too but then Propellerhead would have to fix another issue in Reason that bugs me anyway, all parameters should be in the right readings. Forget the 0-127 malarky, if it's a volume related parameter, dB please, if it's a frequency related parameter, Hz please and if it's a time rated parameter (decay, release etc) - ms or seconds please. Every other parameter should be in %. Never understood the logic for this inconsistency.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

nickb523
RE Developer

04 May 2018

From facebook -

• Information