Reason 10.1 - New Players + Europa Sample Import - Out Now!

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
nickb523
Posts: 225
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Scotland

Post 03 May 2018

Update Edit - 08/05/2018

Buy Reason 10.1 here - https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason

New Player RE's can be found here - https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... ote-player

Drum Sequencer Player RE overview from Propellerhead -



Update Edit - 06/05/2018

Reason 10.1 reveal from sonicstate.com including details on the new players and Europa's sample importing -



New player from Lectric Panda -



New devices from Noise Engineering -



Reason 10.1 will be available on Tuesday 8th of May 2018.
Last edited by nickb523 on 08 May 2018, edited 8 times in total.

User avatar
flightONE
Posts: 67
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 03 May 2018

OMG! where's my *faint* emoji!

User avatar
Runner2x
Posts: 100
Joined: 26 Mar 2018
Location: Rabbit Hole

Post 03 May 2018

Great!

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2200
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 03 May 2018

BRUH. 10.5 soon then? Surely? I can't imagine it'll just be a new player. Let's wait and see...
Last edited by chimp_spanner on 03 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy!

http://www.paulortizmusic.com

2017 MBP | 16GB | Steinberg UR44 | Reason 10.4 | Cubase Pro 10.5

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1560
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 May 2018

A Player sequencer wow :)

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 1502
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 03 May 2018

ooh, drum pattern player... hopefully this gives some control to randomize timing and velocities... as cool as it was to build that stuff myself in a combi, it would be nice to be able to do all that without having 95 devices chained together in a giant, delicate, DSP-hungry balance. 😂

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 694
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 03 May 2018

MIDI recorder/player? Nice.
One of my old wishes.
Hope for step record function. ))
Last edited by ljekio on 03 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

chaosroyale
Posts: 271
Joined: 05 Sep 2017

Post 03 May 2018

Cool, they have enough resources to spare to work on a new player. They must have finished improving the VST performance and implementing consistent labels across tracks, return to play origin, text value inputs, a new combinator, and retina compatibility.

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 847
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 03 May 2018

I've been pretty sure that a new player device or two is the next step. I also think that implementing VST midi via a player device is the way to go. (I'm imagining an internal midi bus.)

Also I'm hoping they call it version 10.2, not 10.5. I don't think we are ready to be halfway to version 11 yet.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

EdGrip
Posts: 1598
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 03 May 2018

Haha!
I was just thinking the other night that Reason needs something sleeker than wiring Redrums or Matrixes into Kongs, but not as extreme as Panda's Propulsion.
And tada! here it is. Didn't occur to me that it could be a player device.

antic604

Post 03 May 2018

chaosroyale wrote:
03 May 2018
Cool, they have enough resources to spare to work on a new player. They must have finished improving the VST performance and implementing consistent labels across tracks, return to play origin, text value inputs, a new combinator, and retina compatibility.
This +1! I have Propulsion already if I'd ever need a drum sequencer...

EdGrip
Posts: 1598
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 03 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
03 May 2018
chaosroyale wrote:
03 May 2018
Cool, they have enough resources to spare to work on a new player. They must have finished improving the VST performance and implementing consistent labels across tracks, return to play origin, text value inputs, a new combinator, and retina compatibility.
This +1! I have Propulsion already if I'd ever need a drum sequencer...
I think this device clearly shows Propellerhead are in trouble.

cgijoe
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Mar 2016

Post 03 May 2018

This is dope. I love Propulsion and re drum, but often get tired of constantly rerouting. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks Props!

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 847
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 03 May 2018

EdGrip wrote:
03 May 2018
antic604 wrote:
03 May 2018


This +1! I have Propulsion already if I'd ever need a drum sequencer...
I think this device clearly shows Propellerhead are in trouble.
I disagree. I think this screenshot, if real, just shows that they are working on developing the platform in interesting ways. I reject the idea that they develop one single thing at a time. They should be developing new Player devices (and perhaps updating the SDK to include Player devices) and ALSO having a team working on DAW improvements.

Look, I get it. As a music creator you want the latest and greatest that's out there. You, like me, use Reason every day, and get frustrated at certain aspects of it. But don't fall into the trap of thinking that Propellerhead aren't working towards improving their product. I think the past year has shown that they are. And yes, it's not as quick we'd like, but it is happening.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

EdGrip
Posts: 1598
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 03 May 2018

Don't worry, I don't really think that. I was just getting in ahead of the inevitable "This means Propellerhead are in trouble" responses to literally any update or new device.

User avatar
United South
Posts: 151
Joined: 27 Dec 2017

Post 03 May 2018

It better have flam,glide notes and pitch control per note or it's trash!!! If PH is still developing and these things aren't in it start over.
Last edited by United South on 03 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1053
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 03 May 2018

This comes out right after the "What do Propellerhead staff do at work all day" thread...

Coincidence? I think not! :puf_bigsmile:

User avatar
United South
Posts: 151
Joined: 27 Dec 2017

Post 03 May 2018

If it is just sequencer why are the names of the samples visible?? Must be new player tech?

User avatar
QVprod
Posts: 2345
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 03 May 2018

Doomsayers, it’s just one picture from Instagram. I’m sure they have more in store than just one player device... where the excitement is is clearly there a new update coming soon.

User avatar
nickb523
Posts: 225
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Location: Scotland

Post 03 May 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
03 May 2018
BRUH. 10.5 soon then? Surely? I can't imagine it'll just be a new player. Let's wait and see...
Indeed, there must be more Superbooth leaks to follow! Seems the update speculation brigade were right! :D

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 694
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 03 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
03 May 2018

This +1! I have Propulsion already if I'd ever need a drum sequencer...
Propulsion can't live recording notes for play sequences.

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 78
Joined: 21 May 2015
Location: Melbourne Australia

Post 03 May 2018

Ill be more excited to read about some sort of VST optimization and UI/workflow update(s). (Not hating)
Thanks for updates.
:reason: :re: :ignition: | :PUF_take:

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5909
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 03 May 2018

Catblack wrote:
03 May 2018
Also I'm hoping they call it version 10.2, not 10.5. I don't think we are ready to be halfway to version 11 yet.
We haven't even hit 10.1 yet.
QVprod wrote:
03 May 2018
Doomsayers, it’s just one picture from Instagram. I’m sure they have more in store than just one player device... where the excitement is is clearly there a new update coming soon.
:) ;)
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
Electric-Metal
Posts: 566
Joined: 10 Dec 2015
Location: Landstuhl, Germany

Post 03 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
03 May 2018

:) ;)
This wink makes me think you know more than you're willing to reveal. :think: :puf_smile:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Goodbye
Posts: 220
Joined: 21 May 2017

Post 03 May 2018

Now if it's just this and a couple more romplers I'll be one happy bunny.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], GluhovProd and 5 guests