What do Propellerhead staff do at work all day?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Psuper

02 May 2018

guitfnky wrote:
02 May 2018
Psuper wrote:
02 May 2018
I see the wink, so I'm going to assume you don't really require "Personal" to be stated verbose, and in fact you realize this is implicit when people state said opinions. ;)
true, I don't, but since we were talking about anecdotal evidence, and that can include the experiences of others, I felt it warranted to specify explicitly. I kind of love the turn this has taken. it's fun. :) :thumbs_up:
Breaks up the same repetitive opinions if nothing else... :exclamation:

Anecdotal Evidence, when stated in a subject, is unequivocally a "personal" observation. The gathering of such evidence however can include everything under the sun, or can be speculation disguised as conclusion. The weight of the statement relies entirely on the way its presented, the reputation of the speaker, and the readers' opinion on the matter.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

normen

02 May 2018

I guess the personal bit is relatively important given that some people rather adapt other peoples opinions than forming or concluding their own. Often it even goes so far that they also take on other peoples explanations which - as I have anecdotal evidence for - they can often dispell themselves when asked to connect the dots of their own (or rather adapted) argument.

I will admit that this happened to me not only once :)

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 May 2018

Yes but it's only anecdotal evidence so it doesn't count ;)

EnochLight

02 May 2018

99% of statistics in forum threads are made up with no data to back up the numbers.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Psuper

02 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
02 May 2018
99% of statistics in forum threads are made up with no data to back up the numbers.
Statistics are far worse than opinions. With opinions you at least get raw person-to-person input at face value. Whereas statistics are typically mentioned in an effort to try to shovel an opinion into someone else, or are demanded in an effort to squash an opposing opinion. And of course, we can all skew statistics to shore up even the weakest argument.

Fortunately, RT isn't full of that foolishness, lets hope it stays that way.

fieldframe
RE Developer

02 May 2018

How quickly we all forget what it was like, just under a year ago, when Reason added VST support.

The one thing everyone was asking for for years, that Propellerhead would never build, and they built it. Overdue, yes, but the last missing piece to a truly complete vision of Reason - all the other features people were requesting and are still requesting, valid as many of them may be, are dwarfed by the magnitude of that change.

Don't get me wrong; we should keep requesting all the little things like MP3 export that can make Reason even better. Just don't forget how far Reason has come!

normen

02 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
02 May 2018
That‘s unsustainable!

Psuper

02 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
02 May 2018
How quickly we all forget what it was like, just under a year ago, when Reason added VST support.

The one thing everyone was asking for for years, that Propellerhead would never build, and they built it. Overdue, yes, but the last missing piece to a truly complete vision of Reason - all the other features people were requesting and are still requesting, valid as many of them may be, are dwarfed by the magnitude of that change.

Don't get me wrong; we should keep requesting all the little things like MP3 export that can make Reason even better. Just don't forget how far Reason has come!
I think everyone has given props 'props' more than enough for the the individual user things they've benefited from. I know I have, I see plenty of appreciation threads and positive mentions. Yet I have plenty to say about how far Reason has to go, and has to do so sooner than later.
Last edited by Psuper on 02 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

TheNoog

02 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
02 May 2018
99% of your posts make you a fanboy.

rcbuse
RE Developer

02 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
02 May 2018
Just don't forget how far Reason has come!
I remember the huge forum thread where all anyone wanted was MIDI out in Record 6.5.

Geltic Höhn

02 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
02 May 2018
And it only took them 18 years :clap:

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
02 May 2018
I remember the huge forum thread where all anyone wanted was MIDI out in Record 6.5.
Those were the days!

Geltic Höhn

02 May 2018

What is MIDI Out for anyway ? Using notes in the sequencer to trigger analogue hardware synths, or am I way off the mark ? My hardware only extends to 'dumb' controllers and guitars.

How many people are actually using MIDI Out with Reason ?

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 May 2018

Geltic Höhn wrote:
02 May 2018
What is MIDI Out for anyway ? Using notes in the sequencer to trigger analogue hardware synths, or am I way off the mark ? My hardware only extends to 'dumb' controllers and guitars.

You can send to hardware synths, but also to software synths, which was one workaround to working with VSTs before there was support, but there is at least one person who still does it for a few VSTs.

madmacman

03 May 2018

Geltic Höhn wrote:
02 May 2018
I probably have more hardware synths than plugin instruments.

Voyager

03 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
02 May 2018

The one thing everyone was asking for for years

No, i never asked for vst support in Reason and wished Propellerhead could have spent this precious time to something else.

• Information