Bit Stuck on Controller Hardware

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ethan

01 May 2018

Hi everyone

I really need some help with a controller.

I have a midi keyboard and all I want is a mid controller for the knobs (not faders) for the reason software.

Ive found the Novation Launchcontrol (not the xl) but that seems discontinued as I cant find it for sale anywhere! Ive looked at the akai and korg micro alternatives but they dont have enough knobs.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced, midi controller focusing on the knobs of the instruments, I cant seem to find anything..?!?

artotaku

01 May 2018

Ethan wrote:
01 May 2018
Hi everyone

I really need some help with a controller.

I have a midi keyboard and all I want is a mid controller for the knobs (not faders) for the reason software.

Ive found the Novation Launchcontrol (not the xl) but that seems discontinued as I cant find it for sale anywhere! Ive looked at the akai and korg micro alternatives but they dont have enough knobs.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced, midi controller focusing on the knobs of the instruments, I cant seem to find anything..?!?
How many knobs do you need? If it´s at least more than 8 knobs I think the Launch Control XL is one of the best alternatives regarding build quality and price.

EnochLight

01 May 2018

Ethan wrote:
01 May 2018
Do you want any sort of Rack, RE, or VST integration as well? Do you need pads and keys? If so, then Nektar's Impact LX+ line might be your best choice as far as affordable controllers go:

http://www.nektartech.com/impact-lx25-plus.html

Or if knobs are all you want, Behringer's BCR2000 is still super cheap:

http://www.musictri.be/Categories/Behri ... 00/p/P0245
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Goodbye

01 May 2018

Take a look at Keith Mcmillen's offerings: https://www.keithmcmillen.com/

They are very well priced for the quality of the products and offer a really good variety.

djgci2001

01 May 2018

EnochLight

01 May 2018

Another affordable option - Behringer's X-Touch Mini (for less than $50 USD):

512Gm2THSUL._SL1000_.jpg
512Gm2THSUL._SL1000_.jpg (58.55 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

artotaku

01 May 2018

djgci2001 wrote:
01 May 2018
https://store.djtechtools.com/products/ ... er-twister

I have 2 of these. I love em!

Ha, I forgot about these. I had ordered a black one but returned it. I had issues with USB connectivity which did not work reliable. The configuration software was quite buggy. Other than that I really liked the solid build quality and pushable endless encoders.

Ethan

01 May 2018

Thanks everyone, awesome recommendations

The midi fighter looks ideal as I could use it dj-ing too rather than just for Reason.

Thinking about it, when Im tweaking sounds in my tunes, when am I going to be using more than two hands? lol. Maybe something small might be ok as it really is so I can avoid using the pencil to change parameters etc.

Is the Korg mikro control any good? The main thing in terms of feel is that the knobs slide from 0-100 rather than click if that makes sense...

diekehle

04 May 2018

Can also suggest the twister. Ordered it a couple of days ago and iam currently writing remote maps for it. Realy powerfull little machine which can be extended to 128 knobs. If you set it up properly you will get a ton out of it. I am still in „learning mode“ with it. Another good point: you can use the midi in of the device and it will use the focus values of the selected device. Imagine it „like“ motor knobs while the led takes the values not the knob.

Faastwalker

04 May 2018

Interested to see more about these;

• Information