An Interview with Nick Baxter of SKP Sound Design

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ReasonTalk

27 Apr 2018

Today, Nick from SKP Sound Design releases his second ReFill: Europa Grid Sequence. Check out this amazing ReFill by clicking here!

Read the article here!

RobC

27 Apr 2018

Who writes these articles could really give a little more shiz about writing names. Hope, Mike of SPK didn't take it personally. : ) JK

Honorable mention for just how pathetic people are, valuing music by hype (regarding the scammy experiment lol).
~ A side note, when I saw an amateur making mash-ups and remixes to become popular on YouTube; and that guy became labeled as one of the DAW's "Power User", that's when I figured out that these names, the reputation and all, is just an illusionary concept, and suddenly awards, stardom, etc. became completely meaningless to me. (Even-though I read The KLF's book that revealed these things regarding their experiences when they made their Dr Who theme remix as a one-hit-wonder disguise. - That's when they quit ~ and I'm at the point to give up and forget music, forever, too.)

Gee, my comment is pessimistic, yet the article was an interesting read!

QVprod

27 Apr 2018

Yes, but that thread isn't about the interview.

nickb523
RE Developer

27 Apr 2018

RobC wrote:
27 Apr 2018
the reputation and all, is just an illusionary concept
THIS 1000%. ;)

RobC

27 Apr 2018

nickb523 wrote:
27 Apr 2018
RobC wrote:
27 Apr 2018
the reputation and all, is just an illusionary concept
THIS 1000%. ;)
I totally bought it, though, that at least for DAWs they would choose true talents, not some ham.
Looks like Power User doesn't mean "I've got the power!" ~ just "Agathe Bauer". xD

EnochLight

28 Apr 2018

ReasonTalk wrote:
27 Apr 2018
Today, Nick from SKP Sound Design releases his second ReFill: Europa Grid Sequence. Check out this amazing ReFill by clicking here!

Read the article here!
Nice article - thanks for posting this! Nick's work is fucking fantastic. Granular Manoeuvres is a goddamn national treasure - one of the best refills to appear in a long time (for me). ;) His work found in Europa Grid Sequence doesn't disappoint - I'll end up picking this up as well. Loved the demo - I just sat back, closed my eyes, and got lost in the audio. Great work, Nick!

And great article, Mike - a great read.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

MikeMcKew

28 Apr 2018

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. I agree, these are some of the best ReFills I've ever had the pleasure to use. :) I had a lot of fun with this article - I hope to do more like it in the future!
EnochLight wrote:
28 Apr 2018
ReasonTalk wrote:
27 Apr 2018

Read the article here!
Nice article - thanks for posting this! Nick's work is fucking fantastic. Granular Manoeuvres is a goddamn national treasure - one of the best refills to appear in a long time (for me). ;) His work found in Europa Grid Sequence doesn't disappoint - I'll end up picking this up as well. Loved the demo - I just sat back, closed my eyes, and got lost in the audio. Great work, Nick!

nickb523
RE Developer

29 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
28 Apr 2018
Great work, Nick!

Cheers man. Like Mike i also had a lot of fun with this interview. Was nice to put out a wee bit of SKP history and ramblings!

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Breach The Sky

29 Apr 2018

I like the fact that you use Rostnomo as a waveform generator for use in Grain. I had the same idea, and it's just perfect for that!

scratchnsnifff

30 Apr 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
29 Apr 2018
I like the fact that you use Rostnomo as a waveform generator for use in Grain. I had the same idea, and it's just perfect for that!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock:

Crazy idea! Absolute madness
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information