Missing File after Sampling

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jeff242

23 Apr 2018

I used the one touch sample button on a NN-19 to sample a sound and load it into the sampler. Later, when I was trying to save an error message popped up that said: "Missing File. Unable to save the document. The file "Sample 1" can not be included since it is missing."

But the NN-19 still has the sound loaded into it and it plays the sound normally. How could the NN-19 be playing the sample if the sample is missing?!?!

Even though the "Song Samples" folder in the Reason browser lists Sample 1 under both the "Assigned Samples" and "All Self-contained Samples" sections, I am unable to edit, duplicate, or export the sample and another error message appears when I attempt to.

The funny this is, the Reason user manual is really vague when it comes to exactly where on my computer a sample exists. It says that after you export it, it will be on the hard drive location you choose or it will be self-contained in the Song file when you save your project, but it never says where that sound data exists BEFORE you save or export. It has to be somewhere, the sound coming out of my NN-19 is not just coming from nowhere!!! So where is that sound coming from?

Well, whatever mystery location where the raw data for a sound that i sampled is, that file must be missing. But then , again, why is sound coming out of the NN-19?

Until I can figure out what to do all I can do is never turn off my computer and never close my Reason project. How can I find the data for Sample 1?

• Information