Trouble setting up Novation Launchkey49 and Launchpad Mini in Reason 10.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
737sound

23 Apr 2018

Hello im new to the forum, have just gotten Reason 10.0 and having issues setting up so i can use both Novation Launchkey49 and Novation Launchpad Mini.

Im running PC, Win 8,1, Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 external soundcard.
I dont get autodetect on surface in preferences when trying to setup midi devices, i can manually add Launchkey49 and it responds to "find" when i press a button.

Result = No Sound in reason (it detects Launchkey Midi as Midi In)

I then dont really know how to properly setup Launchpad Mini in reason so i just used Novation Other MIDI Keyboard (No Controls) and i can select (2 - Launchpad Mini)

Result = I get sound from the Launchpad Mini automaticly without locking it to any devices, etc when using Europa synth.

Novation Website claims i don't need a driver for Launchkey49 and it works in Ableton Live 9 Lite without any problems.

For the Launchpad however i installed a USB driver from their website.

Would be really grateful for help from someone who knows their stuff, youtube tutorials haven't really helped me since they get their Launchkey working instantly with autodetect and most are using Mac OS.

Im still somewhere thinking that there is some Launchkey driver i need for this to work... Since the Launchpad has a driver and makes sound...

ps. Sorry if i post in wrong category, as said i am totally new here.

//David

artotaku

23 Apr 2018

Welcome to the forum!

Launchpad Mini/S/Pro has no special support (remote codec) in Reason, so don´t expect a deep integration as in Ableton Live. Best thing you can do is to set it up as generic MIDI control surface as you already did. At least you can use it as a MIDI keyboard. There are some custom made remote codecs out there such as https://tonalaxis.wordpress.com/2014/10 ... -and-maps/ which offer a deeper integration.

Regarding Launchkey49 please have a look at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7499648&p=375975&h ... 49#p375975.

737sound

23 Apr 2018

Thanks!

I went to https://us.novationmusic.com/keys/launc ... ownloads-0

Installed: Launchkey MK2 USB Driver and Launchkey MK2 Reason Script Installer

Now Reason 10 auto detects it and i get sound, most things seem to work such as play, record, scene, track, but still trying to get the knobs and sliders
to work though, dont know if it is a driver issue or that i dont know how to assign them, i'll fiddle around some more, at least i get sound now :)

Thinking if it can it be some kind of Windows 8.1 issue with the knobs.

artotaku

24 Apr 2018

737sound wrote:
23 Apr 2018
Thanks!

I went to https://us.novationmusic.com/keys/launc ... ownloads-0

Installed: Launchkey MK2 USB Driver and Launchkey MK2 Reason Script Installer

Now Reason 10 auto detects it and i get sound, most things seem to work such as play, record, scene, track, but still trying to get the knobs and sliders
to work though, dont know if it is a driver issue or that i dont know how to assign them, i'll fiddle around some more, at least i get sound now :)

Thinking if it can it be some kind of Windows 8.1 issue with the knobs.
Is the keyboard in InControl Mode? The InControl Mode button must be lit on the keyboard. Since the transport function work on your side I think you are correctly in InControl Mode.
Have you selected a MIDI track of an instrument, e. g. Thor? The knobs and faders are activated as soon as a MIDI track of an instrument/device is selected. Note, that Reason stock devices are supported but most likely no Rack Extensions. You have to create the remote mappings yourself.
Attachments
launchkey49mk2.png
launchkey49mk2.png (76.98 KiB) Viewed 2618 times

737sound

24 Apr 2018

Works now! I rebooted the computer and it started working.
Thanks for all the help!

• Information