Dr OctoRex Stock Loops - Royalty Free ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Dante

22 Apr 2018

The Dr OctoRex Loops that come standard with Reason - are they royalty free ? EG if you release a song using them, do you have to gain copyright clearance for use of those loops ?

QVprod

22 Apr 2018

Of course they're royalty free. They'd have to tell you if it wasn't. Their copyright only protects agains the loops being resold.

MikeMcKew

22 Apr 2018

Yep, what QVprod said.

Also, the Propellerhead ToS (https://www.propellerheads.se/agreements#eula) touches on that exact issue of reselling:
d. The sound samples and musical examples that may be connected to the Software may NOT be reformatted, mixed, filtered, re-synthesized, or otherwise edited or altered for use in any kind of commercial sampling product/package or software - this is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Propellerhead Software.
There's no mention (that I saw when I skimmed) regarding using the stock loops, samples, and sounds in music productions. My understanding is that all of these things are licensed along with the Reason program itself. So you (and we all) should be good!

Dante

22 Apr 2018

Awesome thanks QVProd and MikeMcKew.

• Information