how to change bpm without changing files

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
moneykube

22 Apr 2018

tried turning off stretch... any hints... want files to remain the samee but want to sdjust bpm for rex
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

guitfnky

22 Apr 2018

not sure what you mean when you say 'files', exactly, but I'm guessing you're talking about your audio clips? as long as your clips are set to not stretch, as you said they were, it should be pretty simple...

right click on the tempo, and choose Edit Automation. you'll get a Transport/Tempo lane in the sequencer. just draw in a clip and then your tempo automation (can be a single point, if you just want to set a steady tempo).

you can then manipulate your new tempo clip as needed so it only applies where you need it to (the master tempo will apply the rest of the time, as the tempo isn't being overridden).
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

deepndark

22 Apr 2018

I just checked, I loaded one Rex Loop into an audio stripe, by knowing it's tempo, if i disable stretch it's not in timing, and when enabled, then it is, is this a bug or ??

Edit: Shouldn't these functions between enable/disable be vice versa?
Edit2: I changed the tempo of this project to what the Rex was - imported the file - and took the stretch off. = The file is in timing only the stretch enabled.

moneykube

23 Apr 2018

yes... that's it... got audio tracks... disable stretch... add rex... change tempo and no stretch clips stretch with bpm change...
it was an ambient song and original bpm is 49 lol this behavior seems odd to me

deepndark

24 Apr 2018

moneykube wrote:
23 Apr 2018
yes... that's it... got audio tracks... disable stretch... add rex... change tempo and no stretch clips stretch with bpm change...
it was an ambient song and original bpm is 49 lol this behavior seems odd to me
You said you disabled stretch and wanted the clips being stretched. Did you begin with a bpm that the audio had, had stretching enabled and then changed your bpm?

moneykube

24 Apr 2018

no... started with no stretch... worked at obsure bpm... wanted files to remain the same... no stretch... but wanted to change bpm without them streching audio files created with the bpm change... only want bpm to change ie rex... disable stretch... change bpm and they stretch any anyway... mus be doing something wrong as never tried this before

jimmyklane

24 Apr 2018

Don’t REX files automatically move with BPM? I get that you want your audio files to remain at the correct length but REX files always change tempo with the song AFAIK.

Can anyone confirm?
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

deepndark

24 Apr 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
24 Apr 2018
Don’t REX files automatically move with BPM? I get that you want your audio files to remain at the correct length but REX files always change tempo with the song AFAIK.

Can anyone confirm?
Yeah well, Enable will make the Rex stretching along the BPM, and Disable keeps the audio in an original Rex tempo.
And remember we are not having the Rex in a Octorex this time, but in the audio-stripe instead.

SO YEAH; HAVE THE REX FILE STRETCH ENABLED IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A SYNCED TEMPO BETWEEN THE REX AND PROJECT!

moneykube

24 Apr 2018

okthanks will test this

Raveshaper

25 Apr 2018

Rex slices will always fire relative to the beginning of the loop or rex lane. So it's not a stretch of the entire audio. Each slice will play in time with project tempo according to the start position. If you think of the entire loop or lane as having a start of 0 and an end of 1 where each slice sits at a fraction in between, the slices are being nudged by the change in tempo multiplied by these original fractional values.

Intuitive, isn't it.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information