Propellerhead Servers are freaking slow

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
challism

22 Apr 2018

Man, I am getting sick of this crap.... Been trying to update my damn licenses for a few days now. 1%, 2%, 3% after 15 minutes. Then it times out. It's really pissing me off! So I have to open in demo mode, and don't have access to the many REs I have spent good money buying over the years. Thank God for VST support, I guess. At least I can play around with VSTs.

I know I can authorize a computer, but that computer is actually in the shop right now. And I have lost my license/ignition key dongle, too. So I'm stuck at the mercy of Props servers from 1994.

I've also been noticing a lot of issues when trying to open songs, since the latest R10 update came out. I get error messages if I have a song open and then want to open another one. I forget what the error message says exactly, but something similar, about not being able to communicate with the servers. So I am forced to completely close out of Reason and then open the other song, which means going thru the license verification BS again. It's also really annoying the crap out of me.

Today, I am getting this message (photo below). But my Internet speed is just fine. I can watch youtube, etc, in HD without any problems or buffering. Come on, Props, get your servers in line!

Anybody else having any issues like this lately?
reason.jpg
reason.jpg (147.3 KiB) Viewed 959 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Sorped

22 Apr 2018

No problems whatsoever here. Have you checked there's not some sort of block on modem or firewall?
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

WongoTheSane

22 Apr 2018

It may be something between your provider and Propellerhead's that's causing the slowdown. To make sure, try to do a traceroute, that will tell you if there is a bottleneck, and where.

On PC: Type [Windows]-[R], then in the box type "cmd" (without the quotes) and Enter. Then type "tracert authorization.propellerheads.se" (without the quotes) and Enter.

On Mac: Open Network Utility, click on Traceroute, type "authorization.propellerheads.se" (without the quotes) and click Trace.

You'll get a list of all the "hops" that your packets take to get to destination. If one of them has a long delay (i.e. longer that 200 ms for instance), there lies your problem and your only solution is to wait until they fix it there (often, it's neither your provider or the destination, it's an equipment in-between)... Being quite far from Sweden increases your chances of that happening, unfortunately :(

Psuper

22 Apr 2018

I use internet verification and quite often have to ctrl-alt-del and restart the Reason process, kinda annoying and never happened until shortly after R10 was released. I don't have PC or network issues, so I know it's something on Props end, but not a big deal as its just a couple seconds of annoyance once in awhile.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

• Information