NNXT Midi Mapping

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
hecthehec

21 Apr 2018

Hi all

Basically, I want to control with MIDI the pitch > fine of one of my samples but I can't see the edit midi override option there. Can I edit the sample level parameters in the NNXT?

thanks!

jimmyklane

21 Apr 2018

hecthehec wrote:
21 Apr 2018
Hi all

Basically, I want to control with MIDI the pitch > fine of one of my samples but I can't see the edit midi override option there. Can I edit the sample level parameters in the NNXT?

thanks!
I’m not in front of Reason right now, but I’m not even sure if you can automate that parameter. I’d be interested to find out a definitive answer to this myself.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

artotaku

21 Apr 2018

hecthehec wrote:
21 Apr 2018
Hi all

thanks!
You cannot do that with neither NNXT nor NN19. While NN19 has more properties that can be remote overidden than NNXT, sample tune is none of them :-(
Maybe you could use OSC tune instead? This is possible in NN19.

ljekio

21 Apr 2018

One of samples you cannt, but all samples you can pitch by CV (OSC Pitch socket).

hecthehec

21 Apr 2018

Thanks hommies, I want just to do it for one sample. It's weird that I can't do it :(

artotaku

21 Apr 2018

hecthehec wrote:
21 Apr 2018
Thanks hommies, I want just to do it for one sample. It's weird that I can't do it :(
My guess is that these restrictions may be related to MIDI compatibility which allows 128 different control change parameters. If each sample has three or four changeable settings it would exceed this number by far since you can import a big number of them into NNXT.

So maybe it was as a technical decision by Props in the early days of Reason to limit the device resources.

chaosroyale

21 Apr 2018

In the very early days limiting the automation parameters probably made some kind of sense but there's no reason one couldn't have a couple of CV and automation compatible parameters called "mod1" , "mod2" etc which could be mapped to pitch, loop points or whatever, and simply select them to be "on" or "off" for each sample. That would go a long way to bringing NN-XT up to date. It drives me crazy that after all these years Reason doesn't have a properly full-featured sampler.

• Information