summing vocal bus to audio track for rex file conversion

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
grizelda

21 Apr 2018

helo!

its me again lol

i have experimented with this last night but could not get anything to work. what i would want to do is, i have 3 vocal tracks going into a vocal bus for eq/compression. i would now like to get that vocal bus audio exported to a audio trasck so that i could then convert the summed vocals into a rx2 file for a nurse rex inside of kong.

would anyone be kind enough to give me a little tip? things like creating audio track and mix channel for the bus did not work and also spliiting audio out of the bus to an audio track did not yield any actual audio.

thank you friends :)

grizel

MannequinRaces

21 Apr 2018

On your vocal bus mix channel click the 'rec source' button in the lower right. On a new audio track you can select that Vocal mix bus channel is the 'source' that you want to record. :)

campbejo
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2018

An alternative would be to bounce the channel: File > Bounce Mixer Channels > Select Bus > Bounce to: New Tracks In Song

grizelda

21 Apr 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
21 Apr 2018
On your vocal bus mix channel click the 'rec source' button in the lower right. On a new audio track you can select that Vocal mix bus channel is the 'source' that you want to record. :)
thank u so much! i feel quite dumb!

grizelda

21 Apr 2018

campbejo wrote:
21 Apr 2018
An alternative would be to bounce the channel: File > Bounce Mixer Channels > Select Bus > Bounce to: New Tracks In Song
i did actually try to bounce the bus but was unsuccessful. i would say it is user error not software! thank you very much for the suggestion :thumbs_up:

campbejo
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2018

grizelda wrote:
21 Apr 2018
campbejo wrote:
21 Apr 2018
i did actually try to bounce the bus but was unsuccessful. i would say it is user error not software! thank you very much for the suggestion :thumbs_up:
Keep in mind I don't mean bounce in place and If you follow my instructions it will definitely work. If you ever want to bounce a longer file this way is much quicker as you won't have to sit through the recording.

grizelda

21 Apr 2018

campbejo wrote:
21 Apr 2018
grizelda wrote:
21 Apr 2018

Keep in mind I don't mean bounce in place and If you follow my instructions it will definitely work. If you ever want to bounce a longer file this way is much quicker as you won't have to sit through the recording.
thank u man i am going to try this :puf_smile:

• Information