VST counterparts of Reason devices?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
svenh

19 Apr 2018

The last few years, I have been using other DAWs more than Reason, mainly because I find it difficult to manage large projects with a high number of tracks.

However, playing around in other DAWs, there are a number of Reason devices that I often miss: Thor and Scream4 because of their fantastic balances between versatility and ease of use. I also miss Radical Piano mainly because of its many unique warm vintage piano presets.

I know it is possible to use rewire, but as a hobby musician with too little time, I want to keep everything as simple as possible. Do you know of any decent VST counterparts to these fantastic devices?

Oquasec

19 Apr 2018

Gotta be the same type of device to fit the bill.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

scratchnsnifff

19 Apr 2018

Iv always thought of Rob Papens predator as a Thor counterpart, unfortunately malstrom and subtractor have unique features so it would be hard to find something that has “grain tables” and a phase multiplyer, if i remember
Correctly there is a replica of scream 4 in the reaktor host by native instruments,

I’d just use rewire or open up Reason and start a project using the Reason devices and bounce to audio. Or you could bounce your other daws
Master and throw the WAV in Reason to have as reference and use the desired Reason modules, and bounce the Reason tracks to throw inside your other dAw doing this might take an extra 10-15 minutes but at least you wouldn’t have to purchase anything :p
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

svenh

20 Apr 2018

Yes, Predator is a very good and versatile synth too. Still, I find the layout of thor a bit more clear and fun to work with - may be because I am more used to it.

I am not a great fan of Reaktor, but I may check the scream 4 replica there.

Thanks for your reply!

scratchnsnifff

20 Apr 2018

svenh wrote:
20 Apr 2018
Yes, Predator is a very good and versatile synth too. Still, I find the layout of thor a bit more clear and fun to work with - may be because I am more used to it.

I am not a great fan of Reaktor, but I may check the scream 4 replica there.

Thanks for your reply!
Anytime, I don’t have reaktor but I suppose it seems like it has some cool stuff. Lol if you google subtractor vst I think there was a copy of that reason device, but the phase knobs don’t do anything. Idk it that was also a reaktor instrument though I just remember a kvr threads about this topic
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

QVprod

20 Apr 2018

There’s also a Subtractor recreation in the Reaktor user library. Though I’m sure neither have the same exact sound. Replacing Reason devices will be more of a what does the same thing process than a same workflow kind of process

• Information