Effects are no longer applied to guitar

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dfwpiper

18 Apr 2018

Hello everyone,

I'm a beginner and am running my guitar through a Scarlett Solo interface. I was recording guitar tracts with things like a Screamer, delay, etc. but for some reason dragging effects on to my tracks have no effect now. The guitar is still heard and the track is showing an audio signal being received but so some reason, no effects work.

I feel like this might be something I clicked by accident but who knows? Any insights into what this might be?

Thanks!

normen

19 Apr 2018

Check if you have software monitoring enabled in the Reason audio Settings (general preferences window).

Loque

19 Apr 2018

Do you drag the fx into the sequencer? You need to drag the fx below or into your audio channel in the rack.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

19 Apr 2018

a good habit to get into for stuff like this is to get comfortable using Undo (can be done via menu, but Ctrl+Z is the way to go). it’s especially useful for times when something has changed, but you’re not sure why. just undo until you’re back where you started, and you can try again.

good luck!
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

O1B

19 Apr 2018

BYPASS on?

kuhliloach

19 Apr 2018

I see the Scarlett Solo has a direct monitoring button. That probably just gives you the clean signal. By disabling that, and listening to the monitoring in Reason instead you'll hear the effects.

• Information