Reason 10 Lite (with Akai controllers)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
demt

15 Apr 2018

i think ive got a bug as akai mpk mini mk2 shows up instead of akai mpk mini on various midi ports i own an akai mpk mini and theres no sign of it midi wise
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Psuper

15 Apr 2018

Zac wrote:
15 Apr 2018
I'm windows but that's good enough for me, thanks again. Much appreciated. I just need someone like selig to complete me 3 for 3. I have to say when yoy have lots of REs and used to work with a 4 track it makes me wonder whether i need the 129 coin upgrade option still. How much is 9.5 going for ...?
Exactly hence my reservations on their strategy -- no one needs to upgrade unless the omitted effects and couple instruments are needed as I mentioned prior. The 'upgrade' from R10 lite to R10 full is $300, that's a hard pill to swallow for for most considering what R10 comes with by default.

For free I just got something comparable to the $800 or so I spent on the program and upgrades over the years supporting Propellerhead (not including $$$ on REs), and in many ways it's better with the only exception being the track limitation which won't make much a difference for what I do. 9.5 full is good for me until I see what props plan to do.

I have the best of both worlds now, years of enjoyment for my money spent, and a kick ass slimmer 8-track R10 lite with Europa for free. However as I've mentioned prior, I have mixed feelings this particular props strategy, and quite pointed feelings on where they should be focusing their efforts. Always a wait and see game when there's little give-and-go info, but no one is pigeonholed -- there's plenty of options no matter which way it goes.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Zac

15 Apr 2018

Thanks for previous answers. All i want to know now is can i export multiple tracks as a stereo export with nothing on the master bus and have no kind of delay such as 64 samples added...

tiker01

15 Apr 2018

Eventually everybody falls and upgrades. :puf_bigsmile: Props know how to tease out your money from your pocket! ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Zac

15 Apr 2018

I really don't know the answer to my question! Technical things are cleared up quickly here usually... but it is sunday i guess. I'll hope for better luck in the working week when everyone seeks distraction.

sdst
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2018

QVprod wrote:
12 Apr 2018
For that matter, Reaper can indefinitely be used for "free" without being cracked and it's not nearly as popular as Live.
is more popular but

I use both in depth and the only thing Ableton has better than Reaper are the effects, in everything else

Reaper way better, Ableton mixer is a joke

Oquasec

16 Apr 2018

Ableton is the king of live midi stuff but I honestly feel much more at home in Reason & Cubase type daws.
All you would need for scoring and sound design.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

stratatonic

17 Apr 2018

Psuper wrote:
10 Apr 2018
I just had a look here:
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... n-lite-10/
I installed Reason 10 Lite, but am not seeing the Player devices. They are greyed out. The Differences page shows that they are included.

Zac

17 Apr 2018

stratatonic wrote:
17 Apr 2018
Psuper wrote:
10 Apr 2018
I just had a look here:
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... n-lite-10/
I installed Reason 10 Lite, but am not seeing the Player devices. They are greyed out. The Differences page shows that they are included.
Try putting a midi instrument in first ;) They are included.

stratatonic

17 Apr 2018

Zac wrote:
17 Apr 2018
stratatonic wrote:
17 Apr 2018

Try putting a midi instrument in first ;) They are included.
Heh, thanks, uh, user error :redface: I'm still on 8.3 but just took a quick look around at the installed Lite 10 version.

stratatonic

17 Apr 2018

Psuper wrote:
11 Apr 2018
alexjoe9 wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Its a little less but still impressive. Also this is huge as reason has been falling behind by not getting its software in peoples hands enough. All these promotions will do is help us reason users continue to get better updates with bigger budgets. The more reason rises the ranks the better it is.
I'm of a different mind and disagree. When I see "free software" with hardware (or piggy backed off of anything) I immediately think its not worth anything.

Now I think R10 lite is quite amazing as a freebie for someone who doesn't own Reason as I mentioned in the other thread, however all these mini and cross promotions are pointing more and more to the "Propellerhead is wringing every last drop while they can" move instead of the "Look what amazing things we have planned" strategy.
R10 Lite IS amazing for a freebie. Reason Intro as well - which will likely go on big discounts here and there.
And once someone has it and uses it, they'll want to upgrade to full version. Eventually. In one year. Two. Maybe three. As these Lite & Intro softwares likely won't be updated.
Propellerhead will have to step up and make future Reason upgrades enticing and worthwhile. The easiest thing for them to do is to include full Recycle integration into Reason. I wouldn't be surprised to see that in R11
In the meantime, there is the RE ecosystem to possibly spend money on.
Money that Propellerhead would not be getting if nobody had these lighter versions of Reason.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. When Apple keeps giving amazing free updates and major players go down and big discounts are happening in DAWland, you gotta do what you gotta do.

---

I know I'm probably not the target market for these versions. I already own 8.3 but this Lite version with VST support and all that came in R9 is useful for me.
It's a great starter and I can bounce out and finish off in 8.3 or Logic. It'll do until a great Reason upgrade comes along.

Psuper

17 Apr 2018

stratatonic wrote:
17 Apr 2018
Psuper wrote:
11 Apr 2018

I'm of a different mind and disagree. When I see "free software" with hardware (or piggy backed off of anything) I immediately think its not worth anything.

Now I think R10 lite is quite amazing as a freebie for someone who doesn't own Reason as I mentioned in the other thread, however all these mini and cross promotions are pointing more and more to the "Propellerhead is wringing every last drop while they can" move instead of the "Look what amazing things we have planned" strategy.
R10 Lite IS amazing for a freebie. Reason Intro as well - which will likely go on big discounts here and there.
And once someone has it and uses it, they'll want to upgrade to full version. Eventually. In one year. Two. Maybe three. As these Lite & Intro softwares likely won't be updated.
Propellerhead will have to step up and make future Reason upgrades enticing and worthwhile. The easiest thing for them to do is to include full Recycle integration into Reason. I wouldn't be surprised to see that in R11
In the meantime, there is the RE ecosystem to possibly spend money on.
Money that Propellerhead would not be getting if nobody had these lighter versions of Reason.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. When Apple keeps giving amazing free updates and major players go down and big discounts are happening in DAWland, you gotta do what you gotta do.

---

I know I'm probably not the target market for these versions. I already own 8.3 but this Lite version with VST support and all that came in R9 is useful for me.
It's a great starter and I can bounce out and finish off in 8.3 or Logic. It'll do until a great Reason upgrade comes along.
My plan since being in the R10 beta has been a wait-and-see approach with regards to Reason. Its been 6 months since R10 was released and that's about the time-frame we hear again from Propellerhead with a .5 announcement or something. I've positioned myself in a good spot however, able to choose various upgrades or sell one of the licenses depending on how I see things playing out.

I really hope they've been listening and take some advice to heart on various topics, not just mine or similar. Its imperative for a company to pay attention to their base, and unless there's some secret Reason forum where the other half of the internet resides, RT is it.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

LKY

28 Jun 2018

Awesome but Reason Lite rewire it's not working with Cubase . Espero estar equivocado y que en breve esté implementado Rewire en Reason Lite y añadan a los akai guys el Drum Sequencer

jlgrimes

28 Jun 2018

alexjoe9 wrote:
11 Apr 2018
This does make me wonder if reason/akai will start integrating its controllers/software with eachother a little better.
I hope so.

Historically Props Remote support has been good with Akai.

The lack of a native Advance support was a little weird though especially as Reason showcases the Advance on their website.

I hope they have plans for making this better for such an Advanced controller.

That said users who are skilled with Lua are making their own Codecs which makes the support much better.

• Information