Selecting 'instruments' on the sequncer window...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
djejreason

09 Apr 2018

So on my mac, reason 10 automatically selects/focuses on any instrument in the sequencer window when using the up and down arrow keys while scrolling through whatever sequencer track is highlighted. This is very handy for a live performance, because I just use the up and down arrows on the mac's keyboard to select a combinator setup for the next song, basic piano patch, etc. for what I need to trigger with the midi keyboard.

On my home studio/PC, the sequencer window stays focused on a particular instrument, but the up and down arrows just selects alternate tracks, but the record ready/thru playability stays on whatever track it was last on, until I use the mouse and manually 'hard select' a different track for an instrument to record or play it.

Is this a setting of some sort, where you have to tell reason to automatically focus on the rack/instrument that's selected in the sequencer window? The mac version does it automatically, which makes sense to me. I'm sure there are some benefits to the way the windows version is behaving, but I want it to act the same as it does on the mac.

Am I missing something? Hope the question makes sense...

thanks

WongoTheSane

10 Apr 2018

Might be this setting in the prefs:

mki.PNG
mki.PNG (32.73 KiB) Viewed 208 times

• Information