Sequencer like Nils Frahm - Says

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
menesis

09 Apr 2018

I want to achieve that I have a note sequence, about 4 bars, and i can change the whole pitch just by pressing a different key on my keyboard.

I imagina that Nils Frahm does this in his live performance of Says
Spotify link:

I just can't figure out in Reason10 how to change the pitch of any sequencer with midi input. Any ideas?

Catblack

09 Apr 2018

You want something like this, using Note Echo.

You can record a phrase, copy it so it loops for you, then open the combi and create a note lane for the thor. thor's cv out controls the combi cv1, which controls note echo which is set to transpose.

You have two options for key input in the thor's programmer, voice key full range (127 steps) or voice key per octave (12 steps) -- and in the combi programmer you have 25 steps for the note echo (root and plus or minus an octave each way,) so adjust it there how you like.
Attachments
Note Echo Pitch Control.zip
(53.41 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

selig
RE Developer

09 Apr 2018

Here's a Combinator that does what you want, using Thor to do the transposing work.
To use, do basically as the name says: Connect your Note CV from any sequencer into Thor CV 1 input, and take Thor CV 1 output and connect it to the synth you want to play. Keep the Gate CV connected directly to the synth you want to play.
I used the Matrix sequencer and Subtractor in my example. It should look like this when connected:
ThorSequencerTransposer.png
ThorSequencerTransposer.png (149.99 KiB) Viewed 742 times
Connect CV1 InOut in Thor.cmb.zip
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Selig Audio, LLC

motuscott

10 Apr 2018

ReasonTalk braintrust for the goal
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Loque

10 Apr 2018

If you want to grab a NOTE for transposing or other stuff, you can put a RPG8 with your stuff into a Combinator. Turn off the RPG8, flip the rack and connect the NOTE OUT to your sequencer. Now "play" the Combinator. This is monophonic only, poly setups are way more difficult.
Reason12, Win10

mataya

10 Apr 2018

Great stuff. Thank you.

• Information