Reason patches offline?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jmelendez0

09 Apr 2018

Hello,

New here... not new to Reason.

I have played live with Reason for several years now, but the problems were always monitoring volumes of separate files, the unsafe nature of having laptop on stage, and (god forbid) overloaded DSP if I ever got too crazy with it.

Are there ANY synths/keyboards/controllers out there that can load Reason patches for offline playing? Or does anyone have a method of repackaging these sounds for a synth/sampler/etc.? Would like to be able to create sounds on reason and have them for use on a synth or keystation for live playing and mobile work.

If you've figured this out, what is your workflow?

If this question was already answered, point me in the right direction.

Thank you!!!

:mrgreen:

Namyo85

09 Apr 2018

I believe what you wish for is impossible. As you'll probably know the Nektar Panorama integrates well with Reason but you wouldn't be able to load Reason patches directly into it. You would need a keyboard with a built in computer running Windows or a Mac OS I suppose. Good idea though.

Loque

10 Apr 2018

Exporting a Combinator patch for a sampler...hum...interesting idea. With one click it creates defined notes, velocities, length and an NNXT patch in a refill...hum...works also with sampling from an external device...hum...would be very handy in some cases and a dev at PH can do the job in 1-2 days....hum...Saves weeks for refill designers and musicians...hum...
Reason12, Win10

• Information