Problems With Refill Packer

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Puniho

07 Apr 2018

I am attempting to create a refill, but keep getting an error report saying "unresolved references". I have tracked this down to the combinators folder. If I remove that, it creates the refill fine. So I tried just one single combi in the folder and that worked ok apart from advising me it referenced the soundbanks. WHen I tried with two combis I was back to square one, so there is clearly something odd going on .

Anyone have any ideas..?

WongoTheSane

07 Apr 2018

Could it be that you're using a skin for that combi, which it can't find anymore? (stab in the dark...)

Puniho

07 Apr 2018

I thought of that and checked to make sure it was in the folder, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Puniho

07 Apr 2018

Im trying to make a refill for Grain, so it needs all the samples. I've got a folder with the samples in, but when I check through the patches, there are ones where the sample is located somewhere else on my hard drive. WHen I move them into the specified folder, and try to open the patch again, I then have to tell it where teh sample is and resave the patch. Its proving quite tedious.

Soeno

07 Apr 2018

Soundcells had problems with his grain refill also at the beginning

WongoTheSane

07 Apr 2018

Puniho wrote:
07 Apr 2018
Im trying to make a refill for Grain, so it needs all the samples. I've got a folder with the samples in, but when I check through the patches, there are ones where the sample is located somewhere else on my hard drive. WHen I move them into the specified folder, and try to open the patch again, I then have to tell it where teh sample is and resave the patch. Its proving quite tedious.
Oh right, I know what's happening: Refill Packer doesn't take custom samples into account. There is a workaround though; it's a bit cumbersome, but it works. Try this:

- In your Refill folder, place all patches and samples (you can put samples in a subfolder if you wish).
- Pack that.
- Open your new Refill in Reason.
- Load each patch. It will show a "sound not found" dialog: use "Replace" to locate the sample that is now inside your Refill (not the one that is in your folder!).
- Re-save the patch in the Refill folder. The patch now references correctly the sample that's in the Refill, and doesn't reference the original sample anymore.
- Once you've re-saved all patches, re-pack the Refill.

Done, it should now work!

Soeno

07 Apr 2018

must try this

Puniho

07 Apr 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
07 Apr 2018
Puniho wrote:
07 Apr 2018

Oh right, I know what's happening: Refill Packer doesn't take custom samples into account. There is a workaround though; it's a bit cumbersome, but it works. Try this:

- In your Refill folder, place all patches and samples (you can put samples in a subfolder if you wish).
- Pack that.
- Open your new Refill in Reason.
- Load each patch. It will show a "sound not found" dialog: use "Replace" to locate the sample that is now inside your Refill (not the one that is in your folder!).
- Re-save the patch in the Refill folder. The patch now references correctly the sample that's in the Refill, and doesn't reference the original sample anymore.
- Once you've re-saved all patches, re-pack the Refill.

Done, it should now work!
Ah! Thats worth a try thanks!

• Information