Is it possible to convert a Rex lop to wav file?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Nerveclinic

06 Apr 2018

I am going to purchase drum loops from Loop Loft.

They offer download as either a wav file, or a rex file. Obviously as a Reason user Rex file is the easiest option to work with. But what if I want to use the files for a different purpose, for example as a wav file in Ableton. Can the rex file be used as a wav file separately?

Any help appreciated.

Wickline

06 Apr 2018

Easiest way would be to just bounce it to disk at whatever bpm you want it at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Nerveclinic

06 Apr 2018

Wickline wrote:
06 Apr 2018
Easiest way would be to just bounce it to disk at whatever bpm you want it at.
OK that makes sense. When you bounce in place it turns it into a wav file, so then you would have a wav version. So simple I didn't even think of it!

RobC

06 Apr 2018

Rex adds some cut/click noise sometimes, though. Why won't they give both?

Marco Raaphorst

06 Apr 2018

You can use rex loops in Ableton as well. I still find rex best sounding for beats. Also in Ableton. Snappy attack.

Wickline

06 Apr 2018

RobC wrote:Rex adds some cut/click noise sometimes, though. Why won't they give both?
At it’s native bpm it “shouldn’t” (always exceptions).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

groggy1

08 Apr 2018

Nerveclinic wrote:
06 Apr 2018
I am going to purchase drum loops from Loop Loft.

They offer download as either a wav file, or a rex file. Obviously as a Reason user Rex file is the easiest option to work with. But what if I want to use the files for a different purpose, for example as a wav file in Ableton. Can the rex file be used as a wav file separately?

Any help appreciated.
Ya know, if you'd asked a few years back, I would have recommended that you download as Rex, since Reason makes using Rex loops so easy (they're looped just-right, can be sped-up/down, etc).

BUT, lately I've actually found I enjoy the WAV files from sample packs more than the Rex version. The reason is that it's *SOOOO* easy to get a loop "lined-up" to the BPM in Reason sequencer, ever since the time-stretching was added to Reason (was that Reason 7? I forget)

And if you want to take that loop, and bounce it to a Rex file, it's super easy too.

Plus, having it in WAV format lets me use it directly in the sequencer easily, as a Kong pad, as a sample for Grain, and so on. So at this point, I just prefer WAV.

• Information