Basic Reason question::drag-copy

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
C//AZM

05 Apr 2018

I usually option drag a track in the sequencer to make a duplicate, but recently it does so without creating a mix channel. Even when I do a "duplicate track and devices" it does so without copying the mix channel. I know there's a setting I somehow fat finger disabled but I can't find it.

BTW, how's everything going with you guys? I don't get here too often, seems rather different without the bi-weekly "WE NEED VSTs" threads.

Kategra

05 Apr 2018

Out of memory, I think I do it duplicating the mix channel and it recreates all devices and tracks under it?

I used to to be very demanding of Propellerhead to improve Reason and batch a lot about how under developed it is ant it's RE sdk, but never asked for VST support .....
I understand now that every little improvement means a lot of work (and money for the software developers, architects etc) and all resources are finite. Reason improves, every 129 EUR at a time and it will grow most of the requested features (damn audio clips volume envelopes!) and also innovate from time to time. But everything costs.

I'm stockpiling RE and dream that one year I will write good lyrics and transform all those "hot" instrumentals I made in Reason into full fledged great hip hop :))))

C//AZM

05 Apr 2018

Kategra wrote:
05 Apr 2018
Out of memory, I think I do it duplicating the mix channel and it recreates all devices and tracks under it?

I'm stockpiling RE and dream that one year I will write good lyrics and transform all those "hot" instrumentals I made in Reason into full fledged great hip hop :))))
Just my humble opinion...Work with the best lyricist you can find and you will notice your writing will also improve. In the meantime, you're collaborating with some potentially cool people. This gives you a 2x chance of getting to the next level. My lyrics have always sucked!!

I've always copy pasted tracks but for some reason, in 10, I must have lost a setting and I don't know where the change was made.

selig
RE Developer

05 Apr 2018

C//AZM wrote:
05 Apr 2018
I usually option drag a track in the sequencer to make a duplicate, but recently it does so without creating a mix channel. Even when I do a "duplicate track and devices" it does so without copying the mix channel. I know there's a setting I somehow fat finger disabled but I can't find it.

BTW, how's everything going with you guys? I don't get here too often, seems rather different without the bi-weekly "WE NEED VSTs" threads.
You may have accidentally turned off "Auto-group Devices and Tracks" in the Options menu?
Selig Audio, LLC

C//AZM

06 Apr 2018

selig wrote:
05 Apr 2018
C//AZM wrote:
05 Apr 2018

You may have accidentally turned off "Auto-group Devices and Tracks" in the Options menu?
Yeah I disabled that so I can move tracks around in the mixer like put a Redrum snare next to the Kong snare...I think that having this enabled won't let you separate groups of faders.
Is that right?

selig
RE Developer

06 Apr 2018

C//AZM wrote:
06 Apr 2018
selig wrote:
05 Apr 2018

Yeah I disabled that so I can move tracks around in the mixer like put a Redrum snare next to the Kong snare...I think that having this enabled won't let you separate groups of faders.
Is that right?
Hoping I'm understanding you, but in general yes they will all move as a group when this is enabled, preventing you from doing what you're wanting. But it's an easy key command (Shift/command/G) to remember, and if it gives you trouble with it on or off, maybe try incorporating the key command into your workflow to switch it on/off only when needed.

I've never noticed this issue before, it's kinda strange it works this way IMO… ;(
Selig Audio, LLC

C//AZM

06 Apr 2018

selig wrote:
06 Apr 2018
C//AZM wrote:
06 Apr 2018

Is that right?
Hoping I'm understanding you, but in general yes they will all move as a group when this is enabled, preventing you from doing what you're wanting. But it's an easy key command (Shift/command/G) to remember, and if it gives you trouble with it on or off, maybe try incorporating the key command into your workflow to switch it on/off only when needed.

I've never noticed this issue before, it's kinda strange it works this way IMO… ;(
Yeah, it's a strange pair to associate with each other. I guess this goes on my list of Reason 11 wants ha ha . Thanks.

Oh BTW, I demoed the new EQ, played with it once, prepared for my trip for three days, then went to Acapulco for an extended vacation. Came back with two days left. :( . But what I did was very cool and I'm looking forward to using it...when's the sale?

RANT:::---They should make the demos 30 days of ACTUAL USE...but the clock still ticks if Reason is left on for multiple days. But if I work for three days, then nothing for a month, I should have 27 days left for my demo!!

I know, I know, but That's also how I did Oberon and Parsec, opened the demo and didn't even play with them... Gotta change my habits.

• Information