Reason 10 problems on High Sierra 10.13.4?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
brand

15 Jun 2018

miscend wrote:
15 Jun 2018
CephaloPod wrote:
04 Jun 2018
Apple just announced that the next OS, Mojave, will not run on my machine. Since High Sierra offers little if any benefit over Sierra, and I can't update to Mojave, I think I'll just stay with Sierra for the foreseeable future.
Same problem here. The issue is that Reason will eventually stop supporting High Sierra.
I'm on a 2017 iMac, and still running plain Sierra. I just keep saying "no" to High Sierra. I think I could upgrade to Mojave. But here's what I don't understand: Would Mojave allow Props to solve the High Sierra problems? I mean, wouldn't support of Mojave imply support of High Sierra? Or is Mojave some kind of game changer? I'll be happy with vanilla Sierra until I get a total idea that anything later will run OK with Reason. As long as there are these caveats on Props website regarding 10.high.sierra - whatever, it stops me from upgrading the OS.

stxlm

18 Jun 2018

Coming on three months without a solution or communication on the issue. That's a long time.
Makes me think they will focus on Mojave and skip this, since they have provided a workaround.

Last Alternative

18 Jun 2018

To be honest, low resolution, hyperthreading off, limiting devices, etc... nothing gets rid of the issues entirely and I am SICK OF WORKAROUNDS.
There are zero other issues with my computer.
Not to blame PH but I have virtually stopped using Reason the last few months due to bugs killing the mood. After all the money I've given them over the years, this is what I bought in the end?
A glitchy af DAW?!?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

estuary

19 Jun 2018

Last Alternative wrote:
18 Jun 2018
To be honest, low resolution, hyperthreading off, limiting devices, etc... nothing gets rid of the issues entirely and I am SICK OF WORKAROUNDS.
There are zero other issues with my computer.
Not to blame PH but I have virtually stopped using Reason the last few months due to bugs killing the mood. After all the money I've given them over the years, this is what I bought in the end?
A glitchy af DAW?!?
I am feeling same as you.
I am still confuse, after few months nothing ... starting to be really disappointed.
Reason had an update few weeks ago (10.1) but nothing concerning this trouble.
Propellerheads keeps posting twitter, mailing, with discount, Europa news, rack extension etc, but the software is broken for some users.
I can't believe this is happening.
I am reason user since reason 2.

I have live performance end of the month, I don't want to run the broken reason version live, this is so stressful.
So I am going to install an old cheap ableton live version on my mac, this is unbelievable ...

atlatnesiti

19 Jun 2018

CephaloPod wrote:
04 Jun 2018
Apple just announced that the next OS, Mojave, will not run on my machine. Since High Sierra offers little if any benefit over Sierra, and I can't update to Mojave, I think I'll just stay with Sierra for the foreseeable future.
I have installed Mojave on my 2017 27" iMac i7 32GB RAM and problems still do persist with Hyper Threading enabled.
Obviously Apple will not change anything so it's now in Propellerheads hands to make Reason usable on Macs again.
BTW; For anyone interested all my other music production apps (Logic Pro X, Cubase Pro 9.5, Live Suite 10, NI Komplete Ultimate 10 and Arturia V Collection 6) run just as well on Mojave as they did on High Sierra.

tobypearce

20 Jun 2018

I do agree that this is disappointing.

I've been using Reason since version 3, and for the longest time one of its big plus points was ultra reliability. It never crashed, you never had to deal with installing a load of extra VSTs, everything was right there ready to go - rock solid.

It felt like creating a trustworthy and reliable piece of software was a core value for Propellerhead.

It is becoming more difficult to believe that this is still the case.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

INFEKT

20 Jun 2018

let's all just send more support requests so that they realize that this is actually an issue.

Here's what I sent them:
"I am disappointed that the stutter issue that started appearing in one of the High Sierra updates has still not been fixed. It has been months of waiting time now, which is really long for people who depend on reason as their work tool. It feels like Propellerhead has time for everything else but fixing this issue. And the workaround to disable hyperthreading just makes the whole DAW very slow. I really hope there will be a fix soon."

estuary

20 Jun 2018

INFEKT wrote:
20 Jun 2018
let's all just send more support requests so that they realize that this is actually an issue.

Here's what I sent them:
"I am disappointed that the stutter issue that started appearing in one of the High Sierra updates has still not been fixed. It has been months of waiting time now, which is really long for people who depend on reason as their work tool. It feels like Propellerhead has time for everything else but fixing this issue. And the workaround to disable hyperthreading just makes the whole DAW very slow. I really hope there will be a fix soon."

I already sent them few messages ... but I feel like it doesn't change anything.
"We're still working on the MacSO 10.13.4 performance issue"
"we are working on a fix for this and its top priority" (top priority seriously ?!)

I hope propellerheads understand me, I am not upset or having anger against the staff/company.

I am just completely stuck on my works, Reason was my main work tool for so many years, now I don't have the choice I need to switch software (and this is annoying, probably my worst experience since I produce music)
It's okay, to have troubles or bugs sometimes with softwares, OS etc, I completely understand and this happen to a lot of companies.
But I think I've been enough patient.

chiradio

21 Jun 2018

hello all been a reason user since version 3 or 4.

I want to say that I am 2 having a problem with reason 10 and the same time it was high Serra download on my comp.
what happened to me was my Mac mini server updated to high Sierra locked up.

they told me ( apple ) it was the hard drive and to go BUY ANOTHER COMPUTER.

I did 3k use money and now the whole computer is screwy.

I called apple back and still has not admitted about high Sierra but has acknowledged that users are making NOISE ABOUT THIS problem. To the project they suggesting they we just work with Logic Pro x so they can help find the cause of the problems only. they not reason and not caring about 3rd party software scvcrewing up / they a BUSINESS ( APPLE ) THINK OF THE PHONES THAT WAS SLOWED DOWN LESS THAN 3 MOTHS AGO, THEY ARE SKIMMING THE MONEY IN REPAIRS UPGRADES AND NEW COMPUTERS. THEY HAVENT HAD A NEW IDEA SINCE HOW LONG.

NOW THEY MESSING WITH THE ZEROS AND 1'S ( BINARY CODES ALL SOFTWARE USES )

THIS IS MY HUMBLE OPINION PLEASE SOME ON DENY . I HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE,

if so I spent 3k on nothing cos the cpu is pre installed with high Sierra of all things and no way to roll back to a previous version....

this is more than a mess this a a serious we are screwd when it comes to work and work flow.

from Chicago

chiradio

21 Jun 2018

oh one more thing. I replaced the Mac mini 2011 I-7core
with sierra only will rerun files thru and see if problems go away. seems it just might after reading all the high Sierra suggestions/

jam-s

21 Jun 2018

If this golden cage of MacOS is really blocking your workflow that much you could also simply install Windows.

INFEKT

28 Jun 2018

the new update fixes it finally!!

also:
jam-s wrote:
21 Jun 2018
If this golden cage of MacOS is really blocking your workflow that much you could also simply install Windows.
I did not buy a mac to install windows on it.

estuary

28 Jun 2018

Oh finally ... !

Let's try.

CephaloPod

29 Jun 2018

Rght before the release of the next OS. Let's hope Mojave doesn't break it again.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

estuary

02 Jul 2018

Update works for me, reason doesn't 'freeze' anymore, and I don't have any trouble with DSP. It's good news, feeling more stable.

I can feel huge latency when using VST (such as OZONE) or when DSP getting high. I am not sure why this is happening.
It's fine until I don't touch or click anything on the screen (just playing the track), if I am trying to turn knobs or adjust something, it just make feel I got 32 MO of RAM instead of 32 GO.

Concerning Mojave, and the next Reason updates, I just guess they will make some improvements.
I hope they will focus more on the software and user interface than instruments and stuffs like that.

Anyway let's see !

• Information