Reason 10 Intro EUR79 / USD99

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
qn5

03 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
03 Apr 2018
qn5 wrote:
03 Apr 2018

Seriously. Reason's is more natural sounding than everything else out there.
Well, Melodyne sounds just as good, but Melodyne Essential (which is what Reason's audio pitch editor is comparable to IMHO) costs $99 USD alone and you don't even get a DAW with it. :o :shock: The value of Reason Intro with its audio pitch editor is truly incredible - I can't think of any other DAW out there that offers such a feature at that price.

Word/ Still, as a longtime Melodyne user, I'd take Reason's over it any day. I notice way less artifacts. The GUI also feels way more intuitive.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

fieldframe
RE Developer

03 Apr 2018

miscend wrote:
03 Apr 2018
For new users I think Reason Intro at $80 offers much better value than the Reason 9.5 to 10 upgrade at $130.

Reason Intro is honestly is an awesome deal for what you get with it. It's a killer set of tools which you can augment with cheap or freeware VSTs and RE's to create a killer music making setup.

However it makes the full version of Reason seem like bad value, you pay a lot more for not much more utility. Then you have to worry about $130 annual upgrades.
Agreed about the value for Intro. I never felt like I could recommend Essentials to someone starting out in music production, partly because of the minimal set of devices and tools, but also because it was in the pre-VST era of Reason. Intro, however, I would recommend in a heartbeat.

EnochLight

03 Apr 2018

qn5 wrote:
03 Apr 2018
Word/ Still, as a longtime Melodyne user, I'd take Reason's over it any day. I notice way less artifacts. The GUI also feels way more intuitive.
I prefer working in Reason's audio pitch editor as well. Super intuitive, quick and easy. I do still use Melodyne Editor for DNA, which - to be frank - is still like some magical witchcraft level shit. It's saved me more than a few times - LOL!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ltbrunt00

03 Apr 2018

Thank you Propellerhead head. I was looking to buy a copy of reason for my son. He doesn't need everything just yet. I was waiting for a super sale on R10. This is even better.

I didn't want to bother with Studio one Artist and my days of using Ableton are over.

This was a good move. Would be nice if we could share RE's.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

EdGrip

03 Apr 2018

I think the loading times thing was a bug where Reason was scanning 32 bit VST folders and taking ages doing it. I think it's fixed now?

Honestly, if I were starting from scratch now I'd just buy this instead of full Reason. (Does that mean it's maybe pitched too generously? Nah. Get 'em hooked. They'll come begging for more tracks one day. Steal Live Intro's thunder. Get a reputation as the best deal going.)

miscend

03 Apr 2018

Oquasec wrote:
03 Apr 2018
Reason 10 is Reason 9 with 6 Re bundled into it which would be 400$ separate, so basically just a bundle at a discount.
If you think of Reason Intro as an RE bundle and a midi sequencer. With heavyweights like Europa, Thor and Subtractor etc. It’s well worth over 400.

VariableX

03 Apr 2018

I took the plunge 2 days ago and moved from Tracktion 7 on linux!!
I bought the full version ( 100 dollars off ) To be honest i'm glad this Intro version wasn't available as i would have probably got it but would have always wished I had bought the full version, but just being a home hobbiest wouldn't have been able to justify it!
Now all I need is my new laptop to arrive :roll:

Oquasec

03 Apr 2018

miscend wrote:
03 Apr 2018
Oquasec wrote:
03 Apr 2018
Reason 10 is Reason 9 with 6 Re bundled into it which would be 400$ separate, so basically just a bundle at a discount.
If you think of Reason Intro as an RE bundle and a midi sequencer. With heavyweights like Europa, Thor and Subtractor etc. It’s well worth over 400.
Reason 1.0 is probably 4000$ worth of hardware. a basic ass moog synth would run you at least 4-9 hundred alone.
so 400$ for something eons above that is cheap in my book.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Zac

03 Apr 2018

fretshot7 wrote:
03 Apr 2018
I took the plunge 2 days ago and moved from Tracktion 7 on linux!!
I bought the full version ( 100 dollars off ) To be honest i'm glad this Intro version wasn't available as i would have probably got it but would have always wished I had bought the full version, but just being a home hobbiest wouldn't have been able to justify it!
Now all I need is my new laptop to arrive :roll:
Welcome! Hope the new hardware arrives soon. The adventure starts here #kinda jealous

VariableX

03 Apr 2018

Zac wrote:
03 Apr 2018

Welcome! Hope the new hardware arrives soon. The adventure starts here #kinda jealous
Thanks! I can't wait.. I'm getting the time to watch loads of youtube vids on Reason, might make the wait seem even longer.
Laptop was supposed to be 3-4 business days, now it is a two week wait :?

npinero1

04 Apr 2018

But big question!!!
Doesn't Essentials include unlimited tracks??
And it has VSTs and Combinators!!
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

EdGrip

04 Apr 2018

No need to shout, mate.
Intro trades a 16 track limitation for a much more rounded collection of stock instruments compared to Essentials (which I don't think even had Kong or Thor). Intro has a fairly cut down list of effects but you can plug those gaps with free VSTs when you're starting out.
Comparison chart here at the bottom: https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason

Put it this way - I would probably have bought Intro but I wouldn't have bought Essentials.

EnochLight

04 Apr 2018

npinero1 wrote:
04 Apr 2018
But big question!!!
Doesn't Essentials include unlimited tracks??
And it has VSTs and Combinators!!
Intro has VST and Combinators, but it also has Europa, Kong, and Reason's sublime Audio Pitch Editor (Essentials did not have these).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

S1GNL

05 Apr 2018

Noplan wrote:
03 Apr 2018
sdst wrote:
03 Apr 2018
this is a very very good offer, is close to the Full reason

limited to 16 tracks but

i don't remember doing a song with more than 16 tracks

Yes, I see no limitation, just an invitation for another workflow and make final decisions. You can bounce multiple tracks to one track and also save the steps in multiple project files if you want to make some changes.
Got already exhausted by just reading this.

How do you want to do a recall without losing anything?

Noplan
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2018

Got already exhausted by just reading this.

How do you want to do a recall without losing anything?
I get more exhausted by having more than 16 Tracks. That's where it starts to get messy. I have at most 24 tracks but rarely. If I were limited to 16, it would not be very complicated to sum up a few tracks. If I had the feeling that I need tol work on them, I mark them in the mixer and copy them into a new project. This is a very ordinary workflow that some make with unlimited tracks. On the one hand to keep an overview and on the other to save CPU power. But you can also easily make final decisions that you don`t need to go back. You do not always have to keep all options clear. In the end, you only use very little of it anyway. Of course that's just my personal experience.

Oquasec

05 Apr 2018

Unlimited tracks is probably for professional use, so get the pro version for that.
If you just makin beats you only need 16 tracks cuz that's like 16 instruments.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

abeonis

06 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
03 Apr 2018
abeonis wrote:
03 Apr 2018
Hum... I am still waiting a compelling reason to update 9.5 to 10. What are the improvements regarding vst support in 10.0.3? Thx.
Regarding VST support? There's no changes from 9.5 to 10.0.3 really. The only reason to upgrade would be to get Grain, Europa, and the additional sample content. If you don't need that, then I'd wait it out and see what appears next. ;)
Thanks. Now that I can use VST, I have more choice regarding synths. Sample content? Well I guess these samples are generic, I prefer very specific samples dedicated to what I want to achieve and buy them Now, I don't want to be misunderstood, Reason is a great DAW as it is now. No plans to go somewhere else.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

npinero1

06 Apr 2018

EdGrip wrote:
04 Apr 2018
No need to shout, mate.
Intro trades a 16 track limitation for a much more rounded collection of stock instruments compared to Essentials (which I don't think even had Kong or Thor). Intro has a fairly cut down list of effects but you can plug those gaps with free VSTs when you're starting out.
Comparison chart here at the bottom: https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason

Put it this way - I would probably have bought Intro but I wouldn't have bought Essentials.
Oops, sorry for shouting.
but i guess if Reason is your only DAW then Intro makes sense. I am just thinking about flexibility. I like using Reason the most, probably 98% of the time, but i sometimes have to work with other programs for some projects and having the VSTs helps a lot across any DAW and unlimited tracks is even better.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Nielsen

09 May 2018

How will reason files made in the Reason 10 demo (full version) respond to being opened in Reason 10 Intro?

I have a friend with whom I made a collab when he had Reason 10 on trial. I don't think we surpassed 16 tracks within the project, but we did use one instance of Radical Piano and Humana, which are not included in Reason 10 Intro. Now he wants to buy Reason 10 Intro so he can continue working on the track we started making when he had the full version on trial. So my question above. :)

By the way, there's seriously great value in this product for beginners and amateur hobbyists.

EnochLight

09 May 2018

Nielsen wrote:
09 May 2018
How will reason files made in the Reason 10 demo (full version) respond to being opened in Reason 10 Intro?

I have a friend with whom I made a collab when he had Reason 10 on trial. I don't think we surpassed 16 tracks within the project, but we did use one instance of Radical Piano and Humana, which are not included in Reason 10 Intro. Now he wants to buy Reason 10 Intro so he can continue working on the track we started making when he had the full version on trial. So my question above. :)

By the way, there's seriously great value in this product for beginners and amateur hobbyists.
Song files made in the full version of R10 can only be opened in R10. Intro and Lite lack some devices and have their track counts capped.

However, the full version of R10 can open any song files from both Intro and Lite.

Nielsen

09 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
09 May 2018
Song files made in the full version of R10 can only be opened in R10. Intro and Lite lack some devices and have their track counts capped.
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I had hoped it would work similar to when Rack Extension trials expire so users can still choose to see devices which have been disabled by not having an active license for them.

EnochLight

09 May 2018

Nielsen wrote:
09 May 2018
EnochLight wrote:
09 May 2018
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I had hoped it would work similar to when Rack Extension trials expire so users can still choose to see devices which have been disabled by not having an active license for them.
No worries! Also, Reason Essentials couldn't open full-version song projects either. You can open any/all song projects in the full version, though (Essentials, Adapted, Limited, etc), just so long as the song file is being opened in the same or later version number of the full version.

You can't open song files in any demo version.

ariex

22 May 2018

This is really frustrating! As I wanted to brush-up my Reason 8 Essentials but Reason 10 Essentials was not available anymore, so I went for Reason 10 Intro, not even thinking that it will not be back compatible with that older stuff ( not more than 2-3 years). And believe me, as at my level Reason 10 Intro more than enough with 16 tracks.. Just for this purpose I shall not purchase a 5-6 times more expensive version. This is not positive for me at all.

• Information