Regarding experimentation with Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RobC

28 Mar 2018

I believe it's what Reason is about - that we experiment. Reason has many tools for that.
It's possible to get confused within all the possibilities. Sometimes one can start dreaming about the impossible.
Personally, I gave some of those things I dreamed up, a try. While not exactly how I imagined them, in the end they worked.
Now, I sometimes get so confused with an idea, that people might not understand at first what I mean when I somehow try to deliver what's inside my head. I put out and try to clear things up the best I can. Eventually, most understand, help to clear things up and find a solution, or give ideas. For that, I'd like to thank everyone who gave a friendly input.

...so, thank you very much!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2018

Sharing ideas and solutions helps everyone move forward..

I have a (patch) Randomiser project on the go (you can see how to set it up on my youtube channel), it works, but it's very high in DSP usage, someone has come up with quite a clever solution and it looks like the DSP will be under control (code is being written as I type), so without the idea there would not have been solution :)

Feels great when sharing....

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

RobC

31 Mar 2018

High DSP usage (just like latency) can be solved with simply exporting the given track. Like with FIR filters, which don't work very well live.

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

Good one OP. Keep doing your thing, whenever you have an idea appearing as a Bing!

RobC

31 Mar 2018

Thank you - I just have to swallow whenever people go like: "nonsense". xD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2018

RobC wrote:
31 Mar 2018
High DSP usage (just like latency) can be solved with simply exporting the given track. Like with FIR filters, which don't work very well live.
My high DSP has nothing to do with audio, all CV stuff, patch Randomiser.... :cool:
and it's now under control and will be released soooooon :) keep an eye on my youtube channel....

PoohBear

My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

RobC

01 Apr 2018

I understand, I just gave an example how a high drain which can't be reproduced live, can still be rendered.

• Information