New features in future Reason version

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RobC

24 Mar 2018

While automation will not only have curves, but you will also be able to set it to be exactly logarithmic for example; the biggest change will be a CV generator device (maybe with on-board knobs, buttons and wheels), coming right out of the sequencer, where you could set any value range you like, be it integer (0-127), percent, or 32 bit - you could choose the resolution of the output CV values, too so it can be perfectly smooth, or down to Lo-Fi if you like that.

But that's not all! If you buy 2... wait...

Ah, right! Either in the same device as above, or another one, there will be a device that sends MIDI data out from the sequencer via CV to the Reason rack. How cool is (/would) be that! Hopefully I'll be still alive by then. :)

Being a greedy bastard, always wanting more... xD

Micha1973

25 Mar 2018

i want ghost notes to see and a littele bit of wavelab like steinberg
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

motuscott

25 Mar 2018

Well if it can scratch my butt and mix cocktails

not necessarily in that order
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

ckoehler

25 Mar 2018

better mod fx like phaser, chorus and a rework on the GUI
:reason: Reason 10 @ Windows 10

Creativemind

25 Mar 2018

A big enhancement on the midi editor...I have 22 features here. Make it powerful and I think it needs making a bit bigger as it can get fiddly at times now we have lengthen/shorten notes from the beginning. Have to keep zooming all the time.

A few inline audio-editing features wouldn't go amiss too...Auto-Crossfading for one and audio file information in the audio menu and tempo detect of audio, more fade in-out options, curves and many angles. Not just 1 45 degree angle line. Punch In/Out.

Also, manual parameter inputs, copy / paste parameter values from one to the other, ganged faders on the main mixer, sync browser buttons on each browser, sync windows on the fly button on the transport, all parameters in the right readings, EVERYTHING automatable, time markers, multiple spectrum EQ's openable at once, a notepad, a customizable / searchable undo events list, track folders and more snap values. Chord / Key display on the sequencer wouldn't go amiss too, oh and Clone / Alising / Mirroring clips. Great feature that. Saves so much time.

I would love to see a Thor 2 too. I've posted a pic of my idea ages ago somewhere on here. With a few more fx including unison voice spread, oscillator types (NN-Nano, Nurse Rex and Malstrom), a couple of filter types and exponential envelope modes it could be as powerful as some big vst's I reckon, not that it isn't very capable now but it would just take it to a new level for me. An NN-XT 2 and Combinator 2 as well. I'd also like to see an ECF-42 MkII too. Add the playing of 1 chord up and down the keyboard on Scales and Chords Player as well. Pick a Maj7 and play it up and down the keyboard.

They're the top of the list for me. If they could sort those out in the coming point updates and 11 we'd be laughing.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

BRIGGS

25 Mar 2018

1. Live clip/scene launching ala Ableton.

2. Midi editing improvements

3. theme matched mixer, rack, regroove...open up all native devices to skinners, too... Love to see a yellow subtractor, etc.

4. more cool player devices...love the note echo, very unique device.

5. filter fades/sweeps (like the level fades, same workflow) in audio clips...is this even possible?

6. regroove mixer applied directly to rex clips.

7. Grainular convolution reverb?
r11s

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2018

There was some polls here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1367297130024063/

If you scroll down a little bit you can see poll #1 and poll #2 you can see what the majority of people really want.

superpop

25 Mar 2018

1. Zoom zoom zoom tracks, devices, texts...
2. Able to customize the menus
3. Able to install REs in another drive
4. VCAs

Marc64

25 Mar 2018

When tweaking a knob with the mouse I tend to get to the top of the screen and I can't turn anymore therefore it would be handy if the mouse pointer wraps around and comes out at the bottom so it continues to move the knob. Can't remember where I saw such a feature.

RobC

26 Mar 2018

I see everyone has lots of good ideas.

Ooh, some more "dead-processing" features would indeed be useful - especially for file analysis.
Definitely would love a new sampler and even deeper combinator.

Sure, filter sweeps would be possible in recorded clips - though either with a finalized processing, or an internal IIR filter that works live. (Or both - with a listen and finalize mode.)

The knob tweaking feature is an interesting one! Best would be if during a click, it would hide the mouse cursor, and you could endlessly move, while the cursor remains in place.

• Information