[HELP] No audio input from my sound card

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gabrielc

24 Mar 2018

Hello everyone, hope I'm not posting in the wrong section. I'm in a bit of a trouble, and your help would really be appreciated.

I've recently bought a Behringer U-phoria UMC22 USB interface. It works flawlessly on GarageBand and Live, but I can't seem to make it work on Reason Essentials. After selecting "USB Audio Codec" in the Audio Device menu, the software doesn't seem to recognize the two input channels ("0 out of 0"). I've attached a screenshot below — in french, to make matters worse :puf_bigsmile:

Thanks a lot for your precious help.
Have a great day.

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2018

Have you tried all the different options in the Audio Device menu? Are there any that work?

gabrielc

24 Mar 2018

aeox wrote:
24 Mar 2018
Have you tried all the different options in the Audio Device menu? Are there any that work?
Hello aeox. So far I have only one other option, which the default "system output".

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2018

This may not be the solution you are looking for, but you could try downloading ASIO4ALL and use that driver.

gabrielc

24 Mar 2018

aeox wrote:
24 Mar 2018
This may not be the solution you are looking for, but you could try downloading ASIO4ALL and use that driver.
I forgot to mention — I'm on a Macintosh. Are the drivers still relevant on OSX ?

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2018

gabrielc wrote:
24 Mar 2018
aeox wrote:
24 Mar 2018
I forgot to mention — I'm on a Macintosh. Are the drivers still relevant on OSX ?
Ah, I don't think they are relevant for Macs. Well, I tried at least :D

gabrielc

24 Mar 2018

aeox wrote:
24 Mar 2018
Ah, I don't think they are relevant for Macs. Well, I tried at least :D
You did indeed ;) anyone else ?

rustyjennings

06 Jan 2019

I am having the same issue with Reason 10 and the Behringer UMC22 audio interface on my Macintosh using macOS Mojave. The interface works just fine with Logic Pro X and Garageband. It *half works* in Reason 10 in that the program will output audio via this device - it will just not see the inputs.

-- UPDATE --

Fedrick from Propeller posted the fix below. It worked just as he described it now my Behringer UMC22 works with Reason 10 on macOS Mojave.

Follow these instructions:
It could be that you need to create an aggregated audio driver, to combine the inputs and outputs of your audio interface into a single audio driver.

o create an Aggregated Device, proceed as follows:

1. Open “Audio MIDI Setup” in the “Utilities” folder in “Applications”.

2. Make sure the "Audio Devices" window is open.

3. In the lower left corner, click the [plus] button and create a new aggregated device.
IMPORTANT: Also MANUALLY RENAME your new aggregated device!

4. Tick the “Use” check boxes for each of the Audio Devices (inputs and outputs) you want to use.

5. In Reason, go to Preferences/Audio and select your new aggregated driver.

StanAxeman

26 Jun 2020

I registered jus two I could thank you for this solution...I was going nuts trying to figure out why Reason was not recognizing input from my USB mic; all my internet searches turned up nothing, just useless stuff about ASIO drivers. Creating an aggregate device was all that was necessary--much thanks!

JiggyMayne

20 Jan 2024

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I also registered just to thank you for solving this issue!
I recently got an SP-404 MKII, tried hooking it up through USB and was not getting the option of getting audio in, despite it showing up in the audio setup as well as Audacity and such.
Simply brilliant, thank you so much!

• Information