Your mac based setup?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pgillis

22 Mar 2018

I am curious of learning what others who are using macbooks are using for speakers, audio interface or coming from headphones/headphone jack and your basic reason setup if you are willing to share (even ext monitors and midi controllers).
phil

hurricane
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2018

pgillis wrote:
22 Mar 2018
I am curious of learning what others who are using macbooks are using for speakers, audio interface or coming from headphones/headphone jack and your basic reason setup if you are willing to share (even ext monitors and midi controllers).
phil
ooh yes a Mac ❤️ topic!

I use a Mac mini and a MacBook, and I use the setup below for both, but the mini is my main computer, and the MacBook tag teams in every once in a while.

audio interface: Steinberg UR22 mkII / internal audio when at a coffee shop or whatever
monitors: Event PS6 / AKG K240s when using laptop outside of the studio
controller: Studiologic SL-990 / Korg nanokey2 when going mobile

I have a few hardware synths routed through a Mackie 1202 mixer which goes to the inputs of the UR22.
I control them via the SL-990 with the help of some M-Audio USB midi cables, and two emagic MT4s.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

pgillis

22 Mar 2018

thanks for the info!

pgillis

22 Mar 2018

by chance, you using an SD based mini? what monitor(s0 you swinging off of it?

stxlm

23 Mar 2018

I have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Pro - mainly using the desktop. I find it hard to navigate Reason on a 13" screen.

On the Mac Pro, I have an ultrawide screen, the screen "real estate" is *really* important to my workflow. I have it laid out like this:
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 09.19.34.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 09.19.34.png (955.27 KiB) Viewed 993 times

I use a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, which I am finding it hard to replace - it has a "Loopback" feature which allows me to easily record system sounds. Something I haven't seen on other interfaces. I sometimes record external signals; synths, acoustic instruments, voice, bass, guitar - but mostly I work in the box.

For speakers, I have a 2.1 Genelec setup. I have a few headphones, but only really use them for recording; AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 25 Mk II, Blue Mo-Fi (brilliant sound stage).

My midi controller is a Nektar Panorama P4.

Eski

23 Mar 2018

I have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini for desktop with 2 screens hooked up. (Both comps have 16 gig of RAM)
Midi controllers: Nektar Panorama P4, Evolution U-Control UC-33E , M-Audio Trigger Finger
Audio interface is Prop Balance
Headphones: Focal Spirit
Speakers: Adam X3

No hardware synths.

pgillis

23 Mar 2018

thanks for the info . .was it hard to get the trigger finger set up? I assume works in Kong?
Eski wrote:
23 Mar 2018
I have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini for desktop with 2 screens hooked up. (Both comps have 16 gig of RAM)
Midi controllers: Nektar Panorama P4, Evolution U-Control UC-33E , M-Audio Trigger Finger
Audio interface is Prop Balance
Headphones: Focal Spirit
Speakers: Adam X3

No hardware synths.

pgillis

23 Mar 2018

stxlm wrote:
23 Mar 2018
I have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Pro - mainly using the desktop. I find it hard to navigate Reason on a 13" screen.

On the Mac Pro, I have an ultrawide screen, the screen "real estate" is *really* important to my workflow. I have it laid out like this:
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 09.19.34.png

I use a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, which I am finding it hard to replace - it has a "Loopback" feature which allows me to easily record system sounds. Something I haven't seen on other interfaces. I sometimes record external signals; synths, acoustic instruments, voice, bass, guitar - but mostly I work in the box.

For speakers, I have a 2.1 Genelec setup. I have a few headphones, but only really use them for recording; AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 25 Mk II, Blue Mo-Fi (brilliant sound stage).

My midi controller is a Nektar Panorama P4.
wow. Sounds badass . .I'm on a slightly different budget lol :-=) thank you for sharing

Eski

24 Mar 2018

pgillis wrote:
23 Mar 2018
thanks for the info . .was it hard to get the trigger finger set up? I assume works in Kong?

I use the original Tigger Finger midi device and it was an easy standard set up, works fine with kong too.
I can't comment on the 2nd version (Tigger Finger Pro) though .

• Information