Exporting Samples

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

22 Mar 2018

Hi All!

Just a quick question...

What Sample Rate and Bit Depth should I export audio files at? this is for importing into another daw. Bass, fx, strings, vocals etc

44, 100Hz, 16 bit or 48, 000Hz, 24 bit?

I read somewhere recently you want to use 48, 000, 24 bit if you're exporting a song to be mastered so just wondered. Maybe it doesn't matter, only when bouncing the whole song down.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Rason

22 Mar 2018

Creativemind wrote:Hi All!

Just a quick question...

What Sample Rate and Bit Depth should I export audio files at? this is for importing into another daw. Bass, fx, strings, vocals etc

44, 100Hz, 16 bit or 48, 000Hz, 24 bit?

I read somewhere recently you want to use 48, 000, 24 bit if you're exporting a song to be mastered so just wondered. Maybe it doesn't matter, only when bouncing the whole song down.

Thanks!
Hi, I would go definitely 24bit for both stem export and sending to master. Bits are obvious, Hz are controversial a bit :-) I personally wouldnt use higher than 44. Some people will tell you to go 96 but wont tell you why.

Odesláno z mého D5503 pomocí Tapatalk

Oquasec

22 Mar 2018

32-64bitdepth exports are possible using rewire.
Reason by itself, 42bit is the max (that is needed)
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

RobC

23 Mar 2018

When I export 1 note from subtractor, and import it to NNXT, 24 bit and 192000 Hz is useful with the resolution, especially if you play notes that are octave(s) away from that single root key. Also, when I need fine detail when selecting sample start.
It seems, compressors worked smoother at higher resolutions.
Warning: some devices can sound very different at different sample rates. (Subtractor's FM for example.) Better choose the one you worked with.
Sometimes, FFT processors even internally upsample in order to follow waveforms more smoothly. (EDIT: think isolating sub bass with a FIR filter for example.) Or in case of some distortion. But that's a different matter.

If you make use of it, it can be useful.

Once mastering is done with dithering/noise shaping, the final result can be converted to 16 bit @ 44.1 kHz.

• Information