Feeling played by Reason's Players (W/ Pets and cake)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RobC

08 Apr 2018

123repeater wrote:
08 Apr 2018
If you don't find that scales/chords gives you a ton of new ways of looking at things you should really consider learning some basic music theory like:

1. What makes a major scale (series of Whole steps and Half steps Ex: W-W-H-W-W-W-H)
2. Then mess around with those combinations and find what your heart desires.
3. Look into the symetrical scales.

My favorite player is the DUAL ARP for adding motion to parts that need some spice. Mix it with Synchronus and its a no brainer that I could never have accomplished with combinators and previous versions. These players help so much with sound design and textures.
I'm not fond of basic music theory - I enjoy the more fawk'd up melodies and complicated chords I can play out by hand (or sometimes, can't, hehe).
I admit, I once learned it, and probably could refresh my memory of noting music down, but since I found no use for it, I mostly forgot it.

EnochLight

08 Apr 2018

MIDI fx have been available in VST land for many years. All that Reason's Players are is just Prop's take on MIDI fx in a Reason environment, so I'm not sure what all of the ballyhoo is about.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Last Alternative

09 Apr 2018

I don’t use the Players. Too limited, aside from the arpeggiater.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

• Information