how to do a cross fade between 4 synts in a combinator (make the master level move faster then the rotary)?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bengtbengtsson

20 Mar 2018

Hello I wonder if there is a way to make reason do a cross fade over 4 synths with one controller? If I have two synths in a combinator and connect the two synths master level to rotary 1 on the combinator and change one of the synths min and max settings so it goes the opposite way it works fine for a cross fade between two synths. It would be nice if there was a way I could tell the rotary knob to move the master level knob faster. so when the rotary knob is at 0 the first master level is on 0 db but when the rotary is at 32 then the first master level is at minus infinity. And at the same time synth 2's master level had moved moved from minus infinity to 0 db. And so on, this way I could make a cross fade between 4 synths. I mean, I can make the master level move slower then the rotary it would be handy if I also could make it go faster. Any one who knows a good solution on this?

best regards: Bengt

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2018

I can think of away to fade from Synth A to Synth B then from Synth B to Synth C, then from Synth C to Synth D, which then could fade back to either Synth A or C, however it will require 2 knobs to set a X, Y matrix up.

At the time I used RP's Vecto vector to control it.

Did by using 3 line mixers and another method same theory using 3 GroovyMelon Morfin XF (free RE) (which I preferred).
Device 1 mixes A and B synths
Device 2 mixes C and D synths
Device 3 mixes between device 1 and 2.

Just thoughts....

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2018

It's about time that I look at Quadelectra stuff as I downloaded them a long while ago and not yet had time to look at them.

that looks good....

Wickline

20 Mar 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I can think of away to fade from Synth A to Synth B then from Synth B to Synth C, then from Synth C to Synth D, which then could fade back to either Synth A or C, however it will require 2 knobs to set a X, Y matrix up.

At the time I used RP's Vecto vector to control it.

Did by using 3 line mixers and another method same theory using 3 GroovyMelon Morfin XF (free RE) (which I preferred).
Device 1 mixes A and B synths
Device 2 mixes C and D synths
Device 3 mixes between device 1 and 2.
I was just about to say he same thing.

@OP Keep in mind just using combi knobs with straight line automation isn’t going to give you an even audio level through the transition. It has to be curved, cause in the middle 50% + 50% does not equal 100%. The cross fader handles all the calculations for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

selig
RE Developer

20 Mar 2018

Here's an "8-Way" crossfader Combinator - you can just use the first four inputs of the 14:2 mixer in the Combi for your solution (use the Mod Wheel to crossfade through the synths).
Selig 8 way Crossfader.cmb.zip
(2.65 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Selig Audio, LLC

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Mar 2018

selig wrote:
20 Mar 2018
Here's an "8-Way" crossfader Combinator - you can just use the first four inputs of the 14:2 mixer in the Combi for your solution (use the Mod Wheel to crossfade through the synths).
That's too much of a brain fart this early in the morning, will have to sit down and work out what is going on there, maybe start a CV thread and get these broken down...

bengtbengtsson

21 Mar 2018

Works great :) thanks a lot!

selig
RE Developer

21 Mar 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
21 Mar 2018
selig wrote:
20 Mar 2018
That's too much of a brain fart this early in the morning, will have to sit down and work out what is going on there, maybe start a CV thread and get these broken down...
Credit where credit is due:
This was adapted from a design by user "Shultz" on the old PUF, so I can't take credit for the foundational concept.
I did a similar thing using the Vocoder which I'm happy to post if anyone is interested…
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information